• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger R/T SE Daytona sunroof project is starting soon.

1665613338363.png

I didn't get to work on the car yesterday, but I did stay inside after my 12 hour day and put the lotion on! Skin care is very important! And nothing happened! Lol!

I been having trouble staying motivated this week, although I should have spent last night out in the garage working on the car and cleaning up the loft, the twelve hour days catch up with me and I just can't get moving when I get home from work. I did manage to locate a pair of 1970 HP exhaust manifolds and get them painted in high heat silver. The silver tones down to a nice Grey color after a few heat cycles. I know that the orange oversprayed look is correct, but over time the orange burns off and you are left looking at rusty manifolds in your clean engine bay! Not a fan of that look.

20221014_133814.jpg

I also managed to locate one of these. No I am not taking up being a seamstress, lol, this measuring device is going to be critical for getting the proper placement of the sunroof assembly in the proper location because it can follow the contour of the roof while measuring where to make the cuts! In this case measure 100 times cut once!

20221014_103529.jpg

I also managed to locate one of these. No I am not taking up being a seamstress, lol, this measuring device is going to be critical for getting the proper placement of the sunroof assembly in the proper location because it can follow the contour of the roof while measuring where to make the cuts! In this case measure 100 times cut once!

View attachment 1357476
I would be so nerves cutting the sunroof hole.

I have another factory sunroof car to get the exact measurements from,so I don't think it will be too bad. I am going to ask my friend Gary to help, he has done three of them. Worst case scenario I have an extra roof skin, but I don't think it will come to that!

This is going to be awesome when done. Not sure how much help I’d be, but if you guys need a third set of hands I could probable swing it.

This is going to be awesome when done. Not sure how much help I’d be, but if you guys need a third set of hands I could probable swing it.
I will let you know,and thanks for the offer! I am going to talk to Gary today about it. I am going to a friends carbique today,and Gary and Pam are bringing the funny car,and are going to fire it up for everyone to hear what a Hemi with a 14-71 Supercharger on it sounds like! I am going to ask Gary when he wants to attempt the sunroof installation.

I have been making up for my shameless slacking during the week,by glass beading front suspension components! Pictures to follow!

After I did the rear brakes on my truck and put on my winter tires, I went back to the exciting task of glass beading more front suspension components! I'm literally having a fuc*in blast! Lol

20221016_202304.jpg

I rounded up all the blasted front end components and will get them prepped and painted soon. I got the bell housing which was already blasted inside and out and just needs painting too. I have the clutch and brake pedal assembly in the blast cabinet along with the clutch fork, hopefully I can blast them tonight after work.

Just a few of the front end parts that have been blasted,cleaned, primed and painted, more are done but are drying.

20221019_205702.jpg

I picked up this 70 hp 440 engine tonight from a fellow Fbbo member and I have to decide which 70 440 engine to use in this project. It will either go in this car,or in the yellow 71 Charger.

20221019_200747.jpg

Brings back nightmares from when I did mine! All the timeous tasks of getting the tiny parts cleaned and painted. It’s definitely worth doing though, looks great!

Auto Transport Service
Back