• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger R/T SE Daytona sunroof project is starting soon.

So last night is the second night I ventured into the loft and started to clean and organize my parts mess disaster up there. I feel like I am making some progress, just putting like things in general locations. I found two pairs of Charger reverse lights,and since both the white V code Charger R/T and this purple car need them,I was happy to find them. I also found the brackets that the rear bumperettes bolt to that bolt to the rear frame rails, and the white car was missing them. Cleaning the loft is going to be a fall/ winter project, and it will not only give me an idea what I have, but it will tell what I need to buy for the second generation Chargers.

20221004_201006.jpg

So last night is the second night I ventured into the loft and started to clean and organize my parts mess disaster up there. I feel like I am making some progress, just putting like things in general locations. I found two pairs of Charger reverse lights,and since both the white V code Charger R/T and this purple car need them,I was happy to find them. I also found the brackets that the rear bumperettes bolt to that bolt to the rear frame rails, and the white car was missing them. Cleaning the loft is going to be a fall/ winter project, and it will not only give me an idea what I have, but it will tell what I need to buy for the second generation Chargers.

View attachment 1352962
It sounds more and more like your 'loft' is really a general storage warehouse for a large Dodge dealership circa 1970. :)

There is so much crap up there it's overwhelming trying to get it in some kind of order! This is just one corner of the loft!

20220614_214441.jpg

Last edited:
So tonight after another 12 hour day at work,I decided it was time to caress this big ole girl down low! I grabbed her right by the pu88y! She responded very nicely to having her belly rubbed lovingly! I thought it was mostly surface rust,but most of it scuffs off fairly easily,and the factory grey primer dip can still be seen in most areas!

Last edited:
She's got the finest shiny hiney I ever laid eyes on! Dana 60 I mean! From the back my girl is lookin like J Lo! Nice big Charger hips and a nice tight rearend !

Last edited:
I spent another couple hours sanding the floors after another 12 hour day at work! In New England we are fortunate to find a second generation Charger that still has floor pans at all, to see one that still has the factory grey primer dip after cleaning off some Road grime is unheard of in our neck of the woods! This is the drivers side floor pan which is usually non existent! This is the difference between a California car and a car that spent its life in the rust belt! My other 70 Charger roller has a complete AMD floor pan, with rear footwell panels, a full trunk floor pan with trunk extensions and outer wheel houses, a roof skin,two full rear quarter panels, a tail panel, a rear valence pan and corners and a Dutch panel all waiting to be installed after the rotted rusty original pieces are removed!

20221006_205238.jpg

20221006_205504.jpg

20200809_103403.jpg

Well so far I am all the way to the shock mount. The factory welds have pretty sharp edges and I cut the Dickens out of my fingers! Blood sweat and beers again! I primed over any metal that was bare and used a very fine textured spray undercoating to protect the nice original floor pans. It covers but doesn't make gooey clumpy looking globs like someone trying to hide bad rust repairs. The floors are so nice in this car,I want to show them off,not hide bad repair work!

20221007_190747.jpg

20221007_190856.jpg

20221007_190841.jpg

20221007_192037.jpg

In the last picture there is a bracket on the passenger's side rear frame rail that most Charger owners probably don't know about or what the purpose of the bracket is. The bracket was made, because when 68 and 69 Dodge Charger cars were involved in rear end collisions, the gas tank would shift from being hit and the gas tank would become disconnected from the filler tube resulting in explosions. That's right 68 and 69 Chargers are the Pintos of their era! Fortunately in 1970 Chrysler made this bracket to prevent the gas tank from becoming dislodged from the filler neck! I believe that AMD produces the bracket but if not you 68 and 69 guys might want to add it to your restoration. It works! Pistol grip shifters,go wings,hood pins,high impact colors,the 440 Sixpack engine,painted racing mirrors, 15 inch rallye wheels,R/T door scoops, ,and anti explosion devices,just another 70 Charger innovation! Lol

20221007_190841.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted to share the purpose of this bracket, because I believe that every Charger should have it,there is a valid reason for Chrysler adding it to 70 Chargers, I bet the NTSB had something to do with them doing it.

I have spent a week under this car! The last time I spent this much time under something, it was your sister! lol! Pics coming soon!

I dressed out the welds I did on the trunk floor pan. It had some pinholes in the ribs in one corner, to I replaced that section of the trunk floor pan. I want the car to look as good from the bottom as it does from the top.

20221007_190841.jpg

20221009_184708.jpg

20221009_184720.jpg

Last edited:
Sanded the shock mount crossmember under the dirt was the factory grey primer dip and I can see numbers stamped in it. Pictures don't do this car justice about how solid the car is! I replaced a quarter section of the trunk floor due to pinholes in the stamped ribs,but other than that the car is clean and original metal! I know because I sanded every inch of the underside of the car by hand! I haven't rubbed my wife lately as much as I rubbed this cars underside! Lol

20221009_201156.jpg

20221009_201237.jpg

I picked up a nice rust free passenger's side door for the car at Carlisle for $200.00. The doors currently on the car have no rot,but they were blasted to bare metal and left out in the desert to surface rust heavily so I am changing them. This door I bought came from a bronze car with tan interior so I needed to paint the inner jamb area black as this car will have a black interior.

20221009_170156.jpg

20221009_170213.jpg

20221009_170511.jpg

20221009_170503.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back