• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Coronet qtr skin ?

3x2bee

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I see that Goodmark and Sherman both show making qtr skins for 70 Coronets. Anyone use either brand? Is there a difference in quality between the two? Or do the come from the same factory in different boxes. Was holding out hope that AMD would make full qtrs for 70s, but that doesn't look like it will ever happen. Any feedback on the skins fitment and quality is appreciated. Thxs

I see that Goodmark and Sherman both show making qtr skins for 70 Coronets. Anyone use either brand? Is there a difference in quality between the two? Or do the come from the same factory in different boxes. Was holding out hope that AMD would make full qtrs for 70s, but that doesn't look like it will ever happen. Any feedback on the skins fitment and quality is appreciated. Thxs
the only 70 Coronet quarter skins are the generic flimsy panels that have been around for 30 years. They are sold by Goodmark and many other places. They are not accurate. The best bet is to buy AMD 69 Coronet quarters, and do the modification to the scallop and rear end using your old 70 Coronet panels. Not a job for an amateur.
BTW, Sherman is not a manufacturer. They only sell panels.

Last edited:
I've installed 3 sets of 70 skins over the past couple years, not sure where they came from.

I'm just used to working with what I have....... I like to keep the original "wrap around" areas into the door jamb and rear extensions; even the bumper recesses if possible

70blastc-jpg.jpg

20200715_003536.jpg

20200715_003548.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Eldubb, Thxs for the reply. You do nice work, cars look great. I've heard others say the same thing about butt welding them at the front and rear. Any opinions on the best paint brand/manufacturer, with the most accurate FC7 Plum Crazy paint? See a lot of bad matches out there.

Auto Transport Service
Back