• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 n96 manifold question

DaneBisel

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
i have a 70 n96 roadrunner that we are building a 440 for over the winter. My question is what manifold will work with the airgrabber? I am purchasing a 440 base (aftermarket) but want to make sure the manifold will be stock height. It's a 4 speed street car, I'm not racing it! Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you

If you can find one the best one overall is an edlebrock CH4B......no longer available but they do pop up once and awhile

guaranteed to fit is mopar m1 dual plane as its same dimensions as stock 70 iron intake. Likely to fit is Holley street dominator, dp4b or ch4b depending on air cleaner used. I think the torker single plane is possible with drop base.

CH4B would give no performance gain. At stock height, I don't think any intake will give you anything you'd notice, by itself. Stuff all works in pkgs.

Mmissle, I realize that. I'm looking for a functional airgrabber set up. The car is going back to basically stock

Yup....no gain in an intake change.

Can you tell me if 68-72 stock 440 intakes are all the same height?

the only benefit of the dp4b/ch4b and m1 dual are saving your back when installing and significant weight loss compared to iron. Combine with alum stealth heads and alum water pump and thats a lot of weight loss for a stock appearing engine. Iron intakes are all similar height. I used the m1 dual on an n96 70 with stock cleaner it fit. If you want no risk just go iron they are cheap and easy to find. I am going Holley SD for the new RB in my car.

Interesting info on the M1 dual plane... I went round & round with this issue when I ran a 4 bbl. on my '70 N96 car. I had the added clearance problem of a nitrous plate (1"). I tried 4-5 different intakes before I realized that only the stock ones would clear. Now, with the 6 bbl., no spacers, stock air cleaner & 1" nitrous plates I had to trim the bottom of the air grabber scoop for it to close....man those air grabber hoods fit tight!

Auto Transport Service
Back