• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 roadrunner that i purchased off this forum

......:thinker:

Something like this maybe, but in orange....

1970 GTX FEB 09 (22).jpg

And here I thought I was going to come over here and get all the answers, or at least more clues...

has2bmopar...u must be psychic lol. after buying this car and getting it torn down, found the bill of sale didnt match the vin number on the dash, not the seller fault it was hard to read and damaged,but after pulling the front glass it was more legible. also after finding the weathered and worn out build sheet to match the fender tag and door sticker that this is the 1 of 1 car that has fallen off the grid and was left to rot away until now. im awaiting on the revised bill of sale from the seller now and once i have that i can get the title on this rare beast. will post pics when i have title. this car has been off the streets for so long that the vin number had fallen off the database is what alabama state informed me and if the car was sold in alabama that it never had a title to begin with making it really hard to research but all has been confirmed after weeks of emails. lol

440hp 4bbl, a/c, power steering, hood pin, go-wing, rocker molding, hemi orange.

- - - Updated - - -

roadrunner1.jpg
all metal around back glass has been repaired, u can stick a refrigerator magnet anywhere on this car and it will stick, no bondo buggie lol

So this is the single 440 4bbl car that was built? I always thought it was a hard top. Good luck with the car!

im more of a restomod or stock apearing but built up kinda guy, which was my intentions on this car when i bought it thinking it was just another 383 car but after finding out what it is, the car is going back all original and sold to someone who preffers originality and then i can buy and build the next one the way i want it done.

its hard to get a good scan of this because with the burns and rust spots plus its in plastic so it distorts some of the numbers and letters. but u get the gist of it, also have the matching fender tag, vin, door sticker, and just had a vin inspection done to verify the matching vin on the radiator core and trunk

Attachments

• roadrunner build sheet.jpg
    roadrunner build sheet.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 542
Yeah I hear ya, I'm the same way. That's a good idea though :icon_thumleft: I have a line on a '70 440+6 Roadrunner I'll be doing the same thing with to fund doing a restomod '70 satellite

Yeah that's not the 1 of 1 hdtp known to exist, it's a 1 of none post coupe and it's very kool that's what it appears to be. Get a hold of the guys over at MCG, they'll want this story.

detmatt1...i didnt believe it was real at first either, i though maybe it was a factory mistake on paperwork but ive had several people come and look at what ive got with all paperwork and theyre tellin me it all seems legit. the chrysler historical museum said they have no record of a 440 4bbl car ever being sold to a dealer but if it was sold somehow threw the plant than it would of slipped threw. he said it might have been a high up employee in the plant who had it built to what he or she wanted. ive also had a vin inspection done on this car too.

Congrats my friend, that's one for the books!
Again, call Mopar Collectors Guide, they'll likely be interested in the story and if it gets published somebody that knows something more about the car might step forward, you never know.
Ladies and gentlemen, that's 1 RM21U, anybody else? Doubt it...

You still can't see the VIN.

How about a picture of the VIN plate on the dash, the VIN on the door decal, and a picture of the data plate... :poke:

You still can't see the VIN.

How about a picture of the VIN plate on the dash, the VIN on the door decal, and a picture of the data plate... :poke:

Always has to be a nay-sayer/doom/sayer, glass half empty, don't believe anyone's honest... or lucky one in the crowd.......
Theres the build sheet...... The holy grail. Need more....? :BangHead::toothy5:
I've seen the dash tag, door tag and data tag...... and verified the core support and trunk rail numbers myself....... all match.

The holy grail is missing pieces and is smudged where the verification would be made.

The only picture that was posted was of the data plate with the engine code that showed E63 for a 383 HP.

The one car on record having a 440 was a hardtop, so how is it such a stretch to be skeptical?

70%20RR%20tag%20(Large).jpg

no worries has2bemopar, i was skeptical too. infact i was telling the restoration shops here in vegas that someone had to of tampered with it. im just sharring with you guys what i have found and hoping it could be proven real or not aswell from older posts and not bragging hey i have a 1 of 1 car. as for the build sheet, it is pretty rough, but in person u can read a little better, and the smudges i think are more sun burns or dropped cigaretts from over the years lol.

roadrunner door21.jpg
roadrunnervin1 003.jpg

If you remove the fender tag and flip it over you will be able to read all of it quite clearly.

This is a really cool find. When you are famous please ref FBBO where the initial unveiling took place. Good for you brother :)

Auto Transport Service
Back