• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR-Auto-Console Floor Shifter Replacement Question

soundhd

Local time
3:05 AM
Reaction score
Have a recently purchased 70 RR/383/Auto with console. It has the wrong shifter-it is a 66-68 type shifter (all chrome) and is pretty much worn out so it needs to be replaced. I know the repro catalogs offer reproduction shifters. Was wondering if there is a after market shifter that will work with the console?
Thanks

Just want to verify...you installed a B&M and it worked with the floor console in a 1970 B body?
If so which shifter? Do you have a model number?
Reason why I am asking is I do see a few aftermarket shifters in the Classic Industries catalog (B&M, Hurst, etc...) but they all have notes that say not for use with the factory consoles.....

thanks

we used to install B&M

Only difference would be the shifter knob/button and the back up switch location between the 66-68 and your 70. All parts can be bought reproduction if you wanted to go that route

Auto Transport Service
Back