• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR door glass question

Tuco

Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
What holds the chrome/stainless piece on the trailing edge of the door glass? Also what does the plastic piece with the spring do?

7C06C83D-99C9-44A9-9B49-A1194A177710.jpeg

Spring and wedge is an anti rattle mechanism.

I would think after 8 years of being here you'd have seen how the trim goes on by now... but here ya go!
superbirdbentdoorpt9 003.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt9 006.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt9 007.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt9 011.jpg
superbirdbentdoorpt9 013.jpg

Thanks for the input. Yes I’ve been here a while. Just like all the other forums I belong to since I work on all types of vehicles.
This is the first time I’ve run into this type of trim.
Thanks for your pictures showing “how” it goes together which is not what I asked.
Thanks to Runner 68 for answering my question.

Thanks for your pictures showing “how” it goes together which is not what I asked.
That is exactly what you asked! "What holds it together" and what does the spring and plastic wedge do! I'll add you to my list...

Any idea where I can find the felt that goes in the trim?

That is exactly what you asked! "What holds it together" and what does the spring and plastic wedge do! I'll add you to my list...
No. What holds it is different than how does it go together. Thanks for adding me to your list. I feel special now.

Click my link above Tuco or here it is again Mopar A B C E Body Van Truck Window Frame Glass Setting Tape (2) 36" pcs.
It's not felt. It's a type of heavy butyl tape. Look for the video link on DMT's site with the tape on basically how this stuff works.

Thanks again for your reply. I have glass setting tape. Rolls of it in different thicknesses. I’ve used it hundreds of times on other glass in the channels.
My next question is about the felt that goes on the backside of the trim where it contacts the rear quarter window. It forms the seal between the two.

Do you know how to use the internet Tuco? Most of this stuff is out there if you use your wits. Try this Mopar A Body 63-66, B 68-70 Quarter Window Leading Edge Seals - FLOCKED
DMT has just about everything you need when it comes to soft parts. Take some time and to study and read their parts list. Very comprehensive and idiot proof.

If in doubt, call them. Jim is a great guy to work with.

Thanks again Runner 68. I’ll order them from DMT.
To answer your question, yes I do know how to use the internet. That’s what I’m doing. I’ve tried several searches and found cat whiskers, vent seals, etc. but not these. I guess it helps if you know what they’re called. That’s why I came here thinking I would ask the people that know.

Auto Transport Service
Back