• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Super Bird & Viper power= Snake Bite or Super Venom.

Very nice, your floor pan is cut open the same as mine with the tr6060.
Had to be done as you know , it will require a custom console , but that will be where custom meets classic, likely with a pistol grip.

Agreed, the 6 speed would be great behind a 440 !
The one thing you have to remember is if running a larger rpm cam it will not like 6th gear like a Viper motor, my motor was built with the gearing in mind and doesn't mind being pulled down below 2,000rpm.

Had to be done as you know , it will require a custom console , but that will be where custom meets classic, likely with a pistol grip.
If done tight you can still fit a factory console, mines custom but no bigger than a factory unit.I only left about a 1/2" clearance around mine, doing this requires it to mimic the blocky shape of the tranny.

It looks tight in front of the engine. What's your plan for radiator and intake plumbing? They look like they might want to occupy the same space?

Very cool build! You could name the car the "Bitten Chicken":rofl:

If done tight you can still fit a factory console, mines custom but no bigger than a factory unit.I only left about a 1/2" clearance around mine, doing this requires it to mimic the blocky shape of the tranny.[/QUOTE
My new post tonight will show the trans tunnel will have to be adjusted. A new wider tunnel for sure.

It looks tight in front of the engine. What's your plan for radiator and intake plumbing? They look like they might want to occupy the same space?
Posting a new pic tonight .. but yes I will have to make new room for the radiator and intake plumbing . we are looking at redesigning the front tie bar and moving it forward closer to the nose cone.

So after a trip to the Portland swap meet we have returned to the project . Great swap meet though. So the firewall has been opened up. We notched the k member, and will have to go with rack and pinion steering. Debating the Unisteer set up. Motor Mounts will be custom.
IMG_4361.JPG
IMG_4363.JPG
But the height is close to where we want it .

I have heard that the unisteer rack and pinon flexes a lot and older discussions on forums mentioned poor steering lock. I notched my k-member but I'm still using the steering box rather than rack and pinion. If I did it all over again I would probably invest in the magnum force front end or something similar.
2015-09-06 15.14.42.jpg

Wow it has been a long time since I posted last. However between work , two kids going to college and my daughter getting married , it was a busy year . Oh yes there has been car time in there also and here is where the car is at today. Quarters are on ! And this is where the ride height will be . The Dana 60 is ready to go and is just sitting under the car. My cohort on this project designed a custom 4 link set up and we are waiting for all the bracketry and rails to come back from the plasma cutter. I will post the 4 link pics next, and the install. I'm excited to get this car rolling going again.
IMG_5096.JPG

The engine is in resting on custom motor mounts and the firewall has been set in place.

IMG_4999.JPG

Here is the custom rear crossmember.

IMG_4947.JPG

Rear tubs are in.

IMG_5001.JPG

The front end was installed only to get it rolling . Still deciding on which front end components we will use.
IMG_4902.JPG

The Tremec 6 speed is much taller and required a new tranny tunnel , and increased driveshaft height. Not complete yet, but well on its way

IMG_5002.JPG

Amazing can’t wait to see more! Good luck with it sir

Love it!!!! The V10 looks awesome in there and the ride height adds the menacing look. Can't wait to see this one done.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back