• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-74 B Gauges in a Magnum/Cordoba

MAGNUM GT XS22L9R

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
:violent4:
Just for fun I put together some gauges from my friends
1971 Charger into my extra Magnum Dash. Has anyone
here done this and did they work? They fit almost perfectly?
I didn't have the older style Tachometer, still in the Charger
so kept mine in all pics.

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 78-79 140mph Certified Speedo & gauges:
78-79_Gauges_-_05.jpg

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 71-74 150mph Speedometer & gauges:
71-74_Gauges_-_02.jpg

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 78-79 gauges:
78-79_Gauges_-_04.jpg

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 71-74 gauges:
71-74_Gauges_-_03.jpg

1971-74 Charger/RoadRunner Rallye Dash:
charger-dash.jpg

Both 71-74 & 75-79 dashes are similar in layout! :icon_idea:

Interesting, You need to pop it in your Magnum and see if it works.

Well the speedometer looks the same on the back and should fit. I
did check the smaller gauges and they do work. I'm sure that the
older Tachometer will work with no problem, both were SB V8's.
The Speedo worked in the Charger so I guess all that would be
needed is making sure the right gears are in place to get the
correct readings?

My friend only has one dash with a tachometer, the other two both
have clocks. The 71 dash I'm turning into a Digital Dash and
restoring the other with the tach for his 72 Charger Rallye clone.
I'm keeping the extra set of gauges for myself. The 150mph
speedometer looks great in the newer dash! Might be a little hard
to find a matching Tach for it, maybe I can find a bad one and put
newer guts in the back of it? :D I also picked up a T-handle Slap-
stick shifter and linkages.

150mph_speedo_-_01.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I am curious as to how well this has worked out for you over the years since this posting. I have located a complete rally cluster from 71-74 Charger and thinking seriously of doing the same project on my Cordoba. Would you please tell me of any points I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Dave

Chris,
Noted your still working at your craft. Putting together some really cool magnum options. Keep up posted and still active on the Forum. I'm still building my black 78 Magnum with your red interior.
Robert

Yes, I like it's appearance. Only thing, I believe the 71-74 gauges are more expensive to buy I would suppose, so why would you want to use even older ones. I do wonder how the amp gauge works as I believe they may be hooked up in a different way? Shunt vs direct wire?

Would be good to see in a Magnum! More in character with its sporting image than in a Doba.

:violent4:
Just for fun I put together some gauges from my friends
1971 Charger into my extra Magnum Dash. Has anyone
here done this and did they work? They fit almost perfectly?
I didn't have the older style Tachometer, still in the Charger
so kept mine in all pics.

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 78-79 140mph Certified Speedo & gauges:
View attachment 473042
Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 71-74 150mph Speedometer & gauges:
View attachment 473043

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 78-79 gauges:
78-79_Gauges_-_04.jpg

Magnum GT/Chrysler 300 Rallye Dash with 71-74 gauges:
View attachment 473044

1971-74 Charger/RoadRunner Rallye Dash:
View attachment 473045

Both 71-74 & 75-79 dashes are similar in layout! :icon_idea:

I'm looking to change my gauges in my 1975 Cordoba.
I want to add a tachometer in place of the temp/fuel gauge larger gauge and replace the smaller the oil pressure and Alt. gauges with Fuel and Oil and Temp and Alt. in the original spot in the dash.
Do you have the Part numbers of the gauges that I will need?
or the sizes of the gauges. I would like to get all the parts before I take the dash apart.
The picture you show will work for me. also do the gauges fit in place of the original gauges?
Thanks
JP2

Here's another curious question. I'm wondering the underdash reproduction wiring harness for a '73-'74 charger would work on the early Cordobas? Just a thought.

I know your post is dated but have a question regarding dash panel. I have a 75 Cordoba with the factory dash and would love to have the Spedo and a Tach in the same cluster. What did you have to do/change to get the cluster to work correctly? From the looks of it the Magnum GT dash panel looks to be a good fit. I would just like to customize my car to my liking without putting in a universal tach under the dash or on the floor console. Any help is much appreciated.

IMG_20220116_141648303.jpg IMG_20220116_141656402.jpg

I know your post is dated but have a question regarding dash panel. I have a 75 Cordoba with the factory dash and would love to have the Spedo and a Tach in the same cluster. What did you have to do/change to get the cluster to work correctly? From the looks of it the Magnum GT dash panel looks to be a good fit. I would just like to customize my car to my liking without putting in a universal tach under the dash or on the floor console. Any help is much appreciated.

View attachment 1224981 View attachment 1224983
He hasn’t been here since 2017.
Show me the back of the tach.
When I did my ‘79 Magnum, they back of the tach was studs that slid into the conte ring line of the dash.

I never check the late B board, but this thread capted my attention on the LATES REPLY box. Using the 71/74 ammeter makes a full diff world of the charging system wiring, because 75 and lates gets a shunt on engine bay and ammeter is a remote gauge using the printed circuit board, not anymore a full load gauge with straight wires ( 12 gauge ) to the ammeter like earliers.

How did you proceed with this? Keeping the earlier ammeter won't get any noticeable reading on the gauge with late wiring.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back