• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-74 Charger Picture Thread

my '73 440 Rallye #'s car

f4pwdf.jpg

30bmq1e.jpg

love the meats out back

- - - Updated - - -

73 Special Edition I saw at a local car meet yesterday

P5250001_zpsf5282840.jpg

P5250002_zps7c4e5faa.jpg

That 72SE is Sweet! Aside from the T/A's and exhaust tips it looks like it was just driven off the dealer's lot.

love the meats out back

- - - Updated - - -

P5250001_zpsf5282840.jpg

P5250002_zps7c4e5faa.jpg
I can't help but think how many holes they drilled to put that god awful bodyside moulding on !! Neat color and car though. I get Magnum envy every time I open this page and see those 10" monsters! I've got 8's but dang those look good!!!!1

Bought this '74 rallye in March of this year from Texas. It is an original triple black rallye 360HP auto car.
Has all of the original drivetrain still in tact with the addition of a 150 speedo.
My nephew is currently stripping it down to rebuild and have it repainted back to black.

main things I want to complete.
- painted black and adding the rallye black stripe back on
- No Vinyl top (can add later if I change my mind)
- rear wheel disk
- '71 hideaway front and '71 rear bumpers
- >15" rims/tires

IMG_1576 (1024x768).jpg

Hi guys. :) I usually am hanging out in the Restoration area here on FBBO since I'm currently restoring a '64 Polara Convertible. But I 'stumbled' across this thread just the other day and the awesome pics here brought back some nice memories of the 2nd car I owned - the 1974 Charger shown below. I apologize for the grainy photo's, but these pics were taken before digital cameras were around....

I bought her in 1978 (I was 18 y/o) while working at a big Chevy dealer in Baltimore, MD. Someone traded the Charger in on a new Chevy and I saw/bought it off of the used car lot before it had a chance to be advertised to the public. It was a 318 c.i. automatic, with factory air conditioning and the off- white vinyl roof. Interior had cloth seats (also off-white) and a darker brown carpet. I don't ever remember seeing another Charger exactly like it, then or now.

I added headers, a chrome air cleaner, and the mag wheels which were typical 'upgrades' most teenagers made back in the day. There was also a CB radio I had put in under the dash, and the antenna you see attached to the trunk deck by the rear window was for that radio. The car ran great and I had a lot of fun with it until I sold it to my younger brother in 1985.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane..... :) ~ Steve

charger1.jpgCHARGER2.jpg

haven't stopped by this thread for a while glad to see you guys are keeping it alive ,a lot of nice cars have been posted keep them coming !:headbang:

Hi guys. :) I usually am hanging out in the Restoration area here on FBBO since I'm currently restoring a '64 Polara Convertible. But I 'stumbled' across this thread just the other day and the awesome pics here brought back some nice memories of the 2nd car I owned - the 1974 Charger shown below. I apologize for the grainy photo's, but these pics were taken before digital cameras were around....

I bought her in 1978 (I was 18 y/o) while working at a big Chevy dealer in Baltimore, MD. Someone traded the Charger in on a new Chevy and I saw/bought it off of the used car lot before it had a chance to be advertised to the public. It was a 318 c.i. automatic, with factory air conditioning and the off- white vinyl roof. Interior had cloth seats (also off-white) and a darker brown carpet. I don't ever remember seeing another Charger exactly like it, then or now.

I added headers, a chrome air cleaner, and the mag wheels which were typical 'upgrades' most teenagers made back in the day. There was also a CB radio I had put in under the dash, and the antenna you see attached to the trunk deck by the rear window was for that radio. The car ran great and I had a lot of fun with it until I sold it to my younger brother in 1985.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane..... :) ~ Steve

View attachment 206703View attachment 206704

Oh wow!! That is a nice looking car. What did your brother end up doing with it?

Unfortunately, it was wrecked and totaled around 1987. My brother was driving in downtown Baltimore at night and someone ran a red light and hit him in the right front end. He was OK, but the car wasn't. These days, the car probably could have/would have been saved, but in '87 after sustaining a hit like that they usually went to the crusher.

Alot of Awesome cars in this thread! Here's my 71 SE finally in paint after two years. Car was formerly B5 blue, yellow and then green before returning to it's original GA4 metallic. Hope to have it completed by next summer.

I love b-bodies....I couldn't have stored half this stuff in my old cuda Lol!

71mine.jpg

71mine.jpg

Last edited:
Hey we want a pic of your other 71 charger too... :angryfire:..

Actually it's my 72 Rallye 340

Attachments

• BR1.jpg
    BR1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 739
  • br2.jpg
    br2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:
Hi Guys. Greetings from Finland.

This is my 1972. Shipped to Finland from Mexico.

Needs some work to be done so one picture is for how it looks now.

318 has been taken away and i'm building 440 to this car. 1967 4bbl engine with some upgrades.

Rear quarter windows look stupid to me so i guess i'll do some body mods to change them to bigger once as in 1974 etc..

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 707
  • 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 686
  • 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 698
Auto Transport Service
Back