• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 charger hideaway headlights reverse polarity

moparshaker

Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
hey fbbo, i just installed my hideaways on my 71 charger with a new wiring harness i got off ebag, installation was easy with all stock stuff ( relay ). my problem is when i turn headlights on when running the doors stay shut with lights on, turn off lights and they open. is this a easy fix or do i just cut and solder my motor wires to correct? i'd hate to cut my wires if i just connected something wrong. the relay connected to the dash behind ash tray , a 2 wire connector went on the relay, green wire from relay went to green wire on floor dimmer. black wire ( has 2 wires ) went to acc on fuse block, now i only hooked up 1 black wire since they both hook up to same terminal, or do i need to ground it out? but i would think that would cause a positive / neg issue right? sorry to ramble , would hate to have to pull relay since i already installed that back up.

Auto Transport Service
Back