• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger SE build

Got a bunch of stuff done today after doing Christmas lights for the wife yesterday.

The rear sail panel weather strip had enough room to tuck the rivets through without compromising the seal itself. I clamped them in place, marked the hols needed for the staple and drilled out the holes with a 5/64" drill bit. Worked out perfectly.

IMG_2730.jpg
IMG_2733.jpg
IMG_2734.jpg

Once the sail panels were ready to install I worked on the package tray. The jute was not cut for the speakers so I laid them out, marked the four corners of the speaker grilles then used a 6x9 spacer to out line what I needed to cut out. Then I blacked out the area around the jute so the light gray does not show through the grilles.

IMG_2736.jpg
IMG_2737.jpg
IMG_2738.jpg
IMG_2740.jpg

Once that was done I got the sail panels, package tray, and upper side moldings installed.

IMG_2741.jpg
IMG_2742.jpg

Rear window trim is painted and ready to go on but time to start cooking some dinner.

IMG_2744.jpg

Rear window trimmed out, seat and door panels are in. The upper panels are kinda weathered but will due till my new ones I ordered in July come in. Lets see if Legendary can get them done before Carlisle.

IMG_2752.jpg

Today's progress so far. Passenger door is done, sill plates are in and working on the drivers side. Like the rears I lined the doors with Noico red sound insulation first.

IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg

Got the drivers door done and all the weatherstrip on. Not happy with the end caps and my originals are chewed up so I will need to find a nice original pair. Also got the seat tracks cleaned up and painted so I can assemble the front buckets tomorrow.

IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg

And the last major milestone is complete. A few little things to finish like the wheel opening trim and paint on the pin stripe and I have 11 days off starting next Friday so its time to drive it!

IMG_2768.jpg

The interior went together nicely, and it looks fantastic!

Thanks Pete, The front panels I got from you cleaned up real nice. I have the rears on order but no telling how long it will be before I see those. Some floor mats and she is about done!

They were in pretty good shape for being over 50 years old,but not perfect. They look good cleaned up in the car. I think I have the rear ones too,if for some reason they cannot get them to you.

Great looking car, very well done. 71 SE is one of the very few "non muscle" models that are just as good or maybe even better than the performance variants.

Got the final piece of stainless polished and on today with the rear hood piece. Put about 30 miles on it too.

IMG_2814.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back