• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 Super Bee - resto mod

It was desperation that drove me to it the first time. I could afford 1/2 the welder (went halves with a buddy who once he had it, never let it go...lol) and cutting discs. I had mechanical tools and a compressor already. Start small, make mistakes. That's how I learned. I would not call myself a restoration guy because I have too much respect for their abilities...lol

Another update... Aside from dressing welds and priming, the floors and rear seat pan are done. Found more rusty spots that got patches, and welded up some extra holes in the floor from the non-mopar replacement front seats. Owner is happy so far - so so good! Had to take a quick break to build an 8 3/4 chuck for another fellow, but back ont he Bee as of tomorrow. The next area is a big dent and rust on the pass side where the door hinges mount and then the minitub and Dutchman/both quarter repairs.

Attachments

• 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 173
  • 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 89.jpg
    89.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 179
So I've been working on this car for some time now... Glad to say it's on the home stretch. Pictures are coming but the floors are all done, the new quarter is on, RH side is mini-tubbed, most of the dents on the roof are fixed... I've got some rust work on the left quarter and extension, and the left side to mini-tub, and some welds to dress. Then it's primer and gone. I'm hoping to have it ready for Superbowl Sunday pickup.

Well, my part in this one's done. Shot the etching primer today and it's heading home next week. Some interesting tidbits on this car... It was built with leftover 70 E body front rails and front floorpans, which came into play when I had to patch the RH front floor. Lots of additional work on this car, but it's fairly solid now, and the roof that was hit by a falling limb is probably going to be ok with a skim coat and some blocking.

Attachments

• 139.jpg
    139.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 143.jpg
    143.jpg