• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Super Bee

I remember seeing this car for sale at Hanksters. I think it was before I bought mine, which was over 9 months ago..
Is hanksters known for selling quality cars? I'm not familiar with them

Last edited:
Is hanksters known for selling qaulity cars? I'm not familiar with them
I don't know anything about Hanksters..

Does this Citron Yella Super Bee look like a quality car to you?

IMG_2949.jpg IMG_2951.jpg IMG_2955.jpg

Wondering about the full job conversion, specifically on the shifter location! Bench and arm rest cars got it further forward than bucket cars ( console or not )
I think your right from pictures the shifter does look further foward.
00X0X_k5B7VrxKnp6_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00Y0Y_26cjzupYXkG_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

It is specially noticeable on the shifter handle shape

HONPPfuh9Pe17Wena-LDERQlBRB_t0Fm6m9npeY4JoBSzPPdZ98EwzcqzrFtniG5ErBFryQKuCvAOUudBrJkGfAB-SdKupB1.jpg

Hard to find a bucket setup with non console pic ( uncommon ), but I think still noticeable

Well, could find one

014.jpg

Not just forward but also offset to the driver side, to allow for the center passenger a more comfortable stance ( if that's posible on them ) Along with rounded boot and trim ( really hard to find when restoring a car like this, not repros available )

Found out Hanksters hot rods was asking 39.5k. So the seller must have paid that or less. More than likely less. Kept it for about a year and listed it for sale at 41k. Dropped price to 38k, then to 36k. To me its worth 25-27k if the car is as solid as it looks. And the work done to it was done well.
I had a 71 rt and sold it 3 years ago. It wasn't a 4 speed and not quite as nice as this one and I got 23k out of it.

I had a 71 rt and sold it 3 years ago. It wasn't a 4 speed and not quite as nice as this one and I got 23k out of it.
I'm not a numbers matching type of guy. But I dont want to pay numbers matching everything correct price for a car thats not. I would figure any mid 60's to 70's mopar in good driving condition, good body work and paint, good interior is worth 25k or so.

So whats the story? Is is a good car? Is it for sale?
UnBeelievable!!!! I typed a whole car story for this post! Like Lou Constable's "My Car Story" and with an accidental key press I lost the entire ******* thing!!! That really pisses me off.. I just can't compose message in the forum window anymore. Too easy to lose your hour's worth of typing.

I'm not going to repeat it.. The story goes something like this..

Super Bee.. nobody's after you. Super Bee.. if you don't start fly'in you're through!
Super Bee.. nobody's after you. Super Bee.. if you don't start fly'in you're through!

Poor little Super Bee never bothers anyone. Sitt'in around in the garage is his idea of hav'in FUN!!

So yes, in summary, ALL cars and women, look better in pictures than in person. And even when looking at a car in person, unless you are a professional mechanic or car restorer (and even possibly if you are), you can still find all sorts of surprises after you drag your purchased "muscle car find" home.

Is it for sale? The Citron Yella Super Bee may be for sale in the future, I don't yet know. Will have to see how my epic adventure with it plays out.. I should probably continue working on it so that it's actually drivable first.. There is a reason why it was photographed being winched up on a trailer. It wasn't able to move under its own power then, two months ago. And currently, again, it is unable to move itself lol.

Second one of these I've seen in as many days. I don't get it. I've typed stuff and decided not to post it, then come back to the same thread 5 days later and my typed reply is still in the reply box!

Based from my experience with mine, and looking at the pics of that car, I would not want to pay $24,900 for that car. "Has not been on the road since 1980" I'm quite sure it needs more work than mine.. But if it moves under its own power, maybe I should have bought that one.. At least mine was last on the road on August 2nd, last month.

Looking again, there is one thing I'd like to have on that car. The wheels and tires.. Might be the original 14 x 5.5 Rallye wheels and Polyglas F70-14 tires. Mine has 1973 14 x 6 Rallye on it.

The original owner on this one orders a bench seat, 4-speed with no tachometer. My guy orders bucket seats, tachometer, and a column shift.. This guy should have ordered a tachometer, and my guy should have ordered a console with slapstick. This guy was cheaper of the two, only had the 4-speed option. My guy spent a little more for the Torqueflite, bucket seats and tach, but was too cheap to go for the console/slapstick. The two of them were out to lunch when checking off their options..

Last edited:
Based from my experience with mine, and looking at the pics of that car, I would not want to pay $24,900 for that car. "Has not been on the road since 1980" I'm quite sure it needs more work than mine.. But if it moves under its own power, maybe I should have bought that one.. At least mine was last on the road on August 2nd, last month.
I done a quick search and I found a couple nice ones for less

Clearly I'm not the only one looking for a 71 Bee....;)

I have looked at that green 71 survivor bee but the price and damage just doesnt work for me at his asking price. I might be interested in the 18-19K range but not 25K.

That blue 71 bee fro Honolulu looks like a nice car...but the ride from the island back would kill the deal for me.

It's interesting how the survivor has the Bee logo BEHIND the Superbee letters on the driver's side front fender and the Bee logo in FRONT of the letters on the passenger side fender. The blue resto has the logo BEHIND on both sides. I wonder which is correct.

It's interesting how the survivor has the Bee logo BEHIND the Superbee letters on the driver's side front fender and the Bee logo in FRONT of the letters on the passenger side fender. The blue resto has the logo BEHIND on both sides. I wonder which is correct.

Survivor is correct, The bee follows the emblem.

On both sides? because the survivor bee in in front on the pass side...

Auto Transport Service
Back