• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Super Bee

The decal comes after the word bee so it will be the rear on the drivers and front on the passenger size.

My original paint Bee.
fender.jpg

IMG_10621.jpg

Isn't this the one on that was on GYC? Mark paid the guy like $6,500 for it. Pressed out the roof in part of one of the episodes. Now this Craig's list guy wants 24K?
Original owner was in Italy / Navy when he ordered it

Got back to the ship and said "What in the hell did I just do"

Boring , Oregon

Worm

Started at $5,000

Owner at $6,000

Worm said if it wasn’t for the roof

$15,000 after a little work the car would bring

Anyways sold $5,500

I emailed someone on this car a few months back when it was for sale for about $8000....never jumped on it due to the roof. But then saw it pop up for $25K a couple months ago, and with pics of it showing up on a open car hauler. Guess this person must have got it for around the 8K price now is trying to flip it for 3x's what he paid?

Thanks to all the info I have received. I have a price range, of what I'm willing to spend after inspecting the car. I Normally fly to Kauai about once a week for work. But since these covid travel restrictions I have not gone there in 3 weeks. The restrictions are supposed to end on the 23rd. I will contact the seller and see if we can meet for me to inspect the car. I'll kep you all posted if the deal goes through

Is hanksters known for selling quality cars? I'm not familiar with them

Hell no! My friend got screwed big time from them just recently. Check out the car very carefully. They should be called the Shanksters!!! Great people until the papers are signed!

Hell no! My friend got screwed big time from them just recently. Check out the car very carefully. They should be called the Shanksters!!! Great people until the papers are signed!
Would you care to share what happened. If your not wanting to tell the story to everyone, please PM me and I will keep it confidential

I remember seeing this car for sale at Hanksters. I think it was before I bought mine, which was over 9 months ago..
What did you think about it when you saw it?

What did you think about it when you saw it?
Didn't really look at it for long, or consider it. I was looking for something local that wasn't turn key so I didn't have to pay top dollar. And boy, did I find it.. Been working on it ever since.. Not sure I would repeat if I could travel back in time to last November. When the dust settles I'll find out if this is all worth the trouble and grief I've gone through with this car..

Thanks, did not know that
The rear window trim was stamped/ etched to mimic the texture of the Vinyl top. As someone said above it is specific for the full vinyl top
I may be wrong but I think thats a 340 S Bee, I seen one just like it for $35k

The rear window trim was stamped/ etched to mimic the texture of the Vinyl top. As someone said above it is specific for the full vinyl top

is specific for the full vinyl top JUST for 71... 72/73 are SS like the non full tops of 71s, including 72/73 full tops... and 74s are anodized aluminium

is specific for the full vinyl top JUST for 71... 72/73 are SS like the non full tops of 71s, including 72/73 full tops... and 74s are anodized aluminium
No not specific to 71 just specific to the floor vinyl top 72 would have the same color matched etched trim in question would be the SE model? even on the 7473SE brougham chargers there’s etched matching trim for the V.top and ex .louvered windows which I think I still have one of those window sets?

No not specific to 71 just specific to the floor vinyl top 72 would have the same color matched etched trim in question would be the SE model? even on the 7473SE brougham chargers there’s etched matching trim for the V.top and ex .louvered windows which I think I still have one of those window sets?

We are talking about the rear glass trim... 73/74 SEs also got vinyl top trim and parts matched with vinyl, but not rear glass since the top doesn't reach to rear glass on them. Just 71s with full vinyl top got the rear glass trim matched, that's what's I said. Not any other. 71s with canopy roof got rear glass trim on SS, like all 72/73, while 74s got Aluminium

Last edited:
This pic from reply #23 really shows you how Sh!ttY rear spoilers look like on 71-74 B Bodies.

sH!ttY wInG.jpg

Maybe it has an A body 833 and a custom driveshaft and that's why the shifter is farther forward?

No wings since 72, factory at least. Not even on E bodies as far I know. Maybe dealer added, that's probably a chance.

And I don't like those wings on any car... except 69/70 fastback mustangs, same years GTOs and the GTO wing look alike on the 71 Charger clay prototype

Didn’t know rear spoilers where an option on 72-74 B Bodies

And we all judge a cars look going up a ramp at a 45 degree angle

Thanx

Correct, they weren't an option on 72-74 B Bodies but most everyone under the sun that owns a 1971-74 B Body puts one on.

As far as your 45° reference, my aim was more from a top view not necessarily a tilt view.

This pic from reply #23 really shows you how Sh!ttY rear spoilers look like on 71-74 B Bodies.

View attachment 1062739
These pics show me how good Gull Wing spoilers look on a 71 Charger.. The finish is faded, it's bowed in the middle, and the paint is flaking off the supports, but it's the car's original fiberglass Gull Wing and it is NEVER coming off the car as long as I own it. Just let that sink into your head Mr. Spoiler Hater.

I've posted some photos of my junk pile car, why don't you post some photos of your piece of junk Charger? I want to see how shitty yours looks like with no spoiler on it..
:lol:

RearDriver.jpg RearPass.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back