• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 AC Vacuum line connection and routing

Looks to me like you have an insolation pin in the hole, note the original insolation pad pictured has that corner removed and no pin. Also, the original water valve cable didn’t use a grommet, it had more of a seal that fit a smaller hole, it came on the cable, I’ll see if I can find a picture.
808-047-2.jpg

Last edited:
Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
I pulled off the insulation and revealed that "I was in the wrong hole". the insulation pin that is!
you can see in the picture that hole is larger than a insulation pin.
Also found a grommet that appears to fit that hole.
Thanks for the help.

20190519_120019.jpg 20190519_115820.jpg

That does appear to be the correct cable seal, originally only serviced with a replacement cable. The original cables I’ve seen appeared to have the seal glued in place on the cable. There was a unique clip that secured the cable on the engine compartment side, mid-cowl, that is commonly missing.

Funny, it was only yesterday, in another thread that, I’m pretty sure, I may have been referred to as a “smart ***” by a well-healed member here, just passing along some knowledge and experience where I can.
DSC00152r.JPG

Last edited:
There's well-healed members here?
When your right your right. I don't care how you put it. you should be a smart *** when someone is full of it and sharing wrong information.
Thanks again for the help.

edit-I may have that clip.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back