• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger Steering column rebuild?

Flash

Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Recently had my 1972 Dodge Charger in the shop and they recommended replacig the steering column.

Is it possible to have the steering column rebuilt? Any recommendations on shops that do this?

Mechanic Notes:
*Steering Shaft Binds Minimally on Left Turn - Recommend Steering Column Replacement with Lower Shaft

Easy rebuild. All parts on ebay or Classic industries.

Interior Products, Steering Column Parts :Mega Parts USA
Megaparts seem to have better prices and all parts on one page to find.
I purchased from here actually.
But Classic Industries, Year One, Detroit Muscle, 521restorations.com or Roseville are all great places to shop as well.

Check with Mopar Marks who is a member, he may also have a complete ready to go for you for a good price.

But Classic Industries, Year One, Detroit Muscle, 521restorations.com or Roseville are all great places to shop as well.

Check with Mopar Marks who is a member, he may also have a complete ready to go for you for a good pri

Check with Mopar Marks who is a member, he may also have a complete ready to go for you for a good price.
Is this a good list of wearables to replace? I'm looking through the service manual and not seeing it.

What would be Mopar Marks username?

The service manual has the detailed pictures and how to rebuild.
The parts Catalog has pictures and all OEM part numbers.

Best place to download

The service manual has the detailed pictures and how to rebuild.
The parts Catalog has pictures and all OEM part numbers.

Best place to download
Hey I'm looking through the FSM and it shows some seals, bearings and seems to be it. Am I missing anything?

Auto Transport Service
Back