• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite wagon New Hemi swap?

racer-x

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
That's the plan, anyway. Got my '05 Magnum R/T that was totalled by a bimbo who ran a stop sign (T-boned it), at 36k miles.

Got my '72 Satellite Custom wagon, originally 318/904/8.75 and currently 360/727/8.75. Up for total resto. No holes, but shows the signs of my 20 years of hard use, plus whatever got thrown at it before I bought it 20 years ago. Gonna go "sleeper" - keep the F7 Sherwood Green, keep the factory power discs, keep the factory dash...maybe add some 17" torq thrust wheels and possibly the power/heated leather seats out of the Magnum. But the biggie - gonna put in the '05 5.7 Hemi/autostick, and all the computers and miles of wiring.

And if it isn't fast enough...add a Procharger.

I've been out of the cars for a while - unsupportive marriage (now over), playing with motorcycles (still have 'em) - but now I have a garage that can handle the cars AND the bikes...so IT'S ON!!

What's the latest on putting a New Hemi into a classic B?

The chassis is power disc, power steering, no a/c. The lack of a/c will give acres of space for things like computers and harnesses...but what's the best package these days, for doing a swap like this? I'm in no rush, I'm still moving into the new place and don't have a lift installed yet and I haven't even pulled the powertrain out of the MagRT...but I figure I can start planning, right?

And, does anyone make subframe connectors for the NON-coupe 71-74 B-bodies yet?

Got my '72 Satellite Custom wagon, originally 318/904/8.75 and currently 360/727/8.75. Up for total resto.
And, does anyone make subframe connectors for the NON-coupe 71-74 B-bodies yet?

Buy the two door frame connectors,cut them under the rear floor pan area and add/weld in two inches.
At least that's what I would do.
That or fabricate yer own from scratch.

...thanks all. And...I just saw the "new hemi swap" section that I completely missed last night. hehe,whoops...

Auto Transport Service
Back