• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7260&1350 U joint part #

Damien B.

Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I ve been trying to find the proper part number either moog or spicer or some other reliable brand for that type of U joint so i can find it either on amazon or rockauto

Thanks for your assistance once again !

Last edited:
Drdiff has the combo u-joint don't if they're spicer, call him. Another option is buy a spicer 1350 and a 7290 switch 2cups now you have 2 u-joints.

thanks for the advice i m looking for a 7260 to 1350 because my driveshaft is a small driveshaft and i m pondering and calculating how much it would cost to get a gear vendor overdrive + the needed hardware. i know gearvendor use a yoke for a 1350 ujoint. i dont think i could keep the current yoke that fits at the end of my transmission since the length might be different
if i m looking for a part number it s because the shipping fee from drdiff to france are extremely hight compared to amazon or other bigger sellers

Last edited:
You seem to be learning a tad so whats a 7260?
what do you mean by what a 7260 ? i m sorry if i cant express myself properly since english isnt my primary language
i m saying that on my driveshaft the U joint that is on both end is a for a 7260 yoke i hope i can make sense

It does sorry thats old mopar stuff look up a 7290 its close to a 1410

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360952364062 Not mine. Chinese think.
Don't think you'll find a moog or spicer in that combination. MO.
yeah i saw that one but it s 64.25$ to ship it to France so that s above 100$ + import fee for a U joint.
guess i ll give a call to doctor diff if i cant find something for a decent price

i ll also use this thread to ask a technical question reguarding those U joint

I have a small block drive shaft and i m going to receive a new 408 engine with a max HP at the crank of about 450hp and around 500 btp will the drive shaft and the 7260 yoke+u joint on my third member be able to handle that

Last edited:
I'm not really sure I can give a good answer but BB wedge and Hemi's use large u-joint, same power level. Don't know if you can get a solid combo ujoint. Solid= no grease fitting. If you don't run sticky tires maybe.

okay thanks so i guess i will have to change the yoke on the third member for a 7290, i hope it s not too hard to do and on a 8.75 third member it wont mess with the pinion depth or the backlash

I didn't see what housing your running, 741, 742 or 489. These are the most common, there's is another but it earlier around 1963 and older. Search here about changing yokes and check google but you need the house number. 741 and 742 would use same process, 489 is a different process.

i have a 489 third member on my car, i also have a spare 489 third member with a 10splines 7290 yoke (took me 20 min to pull it out this evening), now i m kinda scared to pull out the one installed on my car and destroy the seal to see if it s a 10 or a 29 splines

Auto Transport Service
Back