• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Accumulator Spring question???

451Coronet

Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Installing a TCI 121700 Rev Man VB in my 727 and instructions call for removing the accumulator spring and small sealing ring. No block rod AND no spring doesn't seem right, and doing some digging on the net only confused me further. Anyone currently running a TCI VB according to their install instructions? No block rod and no spring? I guess what I'm asking is does one replace the other??

Also I guess there's supposed to be an inner and outer spring (variations on application or year maybe, I have two 727s and both only had a small inner spring)
Mine only has the inner, which, as per TCI instructions, I removed along with small sealing ring. But now I'm hesitant to button everything back up like this.

Any help is mucho appreciado!!

Can post pics if need be, but I'm hoping you 727 gurus will know to what I'm referring.

Thanks again!!

I copied the old Mopar kit, and i just cut a 2 in (or so) piece of electrical conduit, and shove in the top of the accumulator and just shove it back in the case.

it must fit flush so that the valve body fits flush when bolted down

We used to just remove the spring! But adding the piece of pipe is best.

Auto Transport Service
Back