• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 pushbutton questions

I have one good bb push button cable left in stock--also I have 3 63 push button tranys for sale--they are complete and were working when pulled out of the cars--they should be rebuilt --also I have 1 1961 push button trans (727) for the extended 413 crank if anyone needs one---Im in Florida---own 3 1963 Plymouths--2-max wedge Sport Furys--1-Belvedere wagon with a 413--big collection of 63 plymouth parts--lots of stuff for sale--just ask

my 64 has a 727 pushbutton, currently a poly 318. I have a rebuilt 440 I'm considering swapping in IF the poly isn't in good condition when i get around to trying to fire it up(having to rewire the car first). Been trying to locate a 64 727 pushbutton big block transmission to no avail. Is it possible to convert a later 727 to a pushbutton using the internal components such as the valve body etc to be able to retain my pushbuttons? I was given a big block 727 when i got the car, previous owner said it was a pushbutton but when I got to looking and running the numbers, its from a 68. I realize that the driveshafts will be different
Cope Racing Transmission in Indiana has them to order. Just bought and installed one recently.

Oh? do tell?
Theres a thread on here somewhere talking about him. I had a bad dealing with him, luckily I got my money back useing PayPal, alot of people haven't. He has a good product and other vendors carry them. I'd buy from them first if they have what you need in stock. If they dont it might be a long wait. Just a "heads up".

Theres a thread on here somewhere talking about him. I had a bad dealing with him, luckily I got my money back useing PayPal, alot of people haven't. He has a good product and other vendors carry them. I'd buy from them first if they have what you need in stock. If they dont it might be a long wait. Just a "heads up".
trying to find it but nothing. I'd emailed him a week or so ago and was talking to him about a set. said 4-6 weeks to ship.

Well crap... on that note... double crap. Good thing I didn't place said order for the big block shifter cable. I'll have to try repairing the one I have it looks like.

Contact this guy and see what he's got. Imperial is the only one that i know that reproduced them. If you find a vendor like this outfit that has them in stock you'll be good. Dealing with Imperial first hand, you'll probably have a long wait.

I'm not exactly sure what setup you are looking for but this guy has several for '64 b bodies.

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Mopar-64-B-Bo...able-NEW-483-/362002897670?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Contact this guy and see what he's got. Imperial is the only one that i know that reproduced them. If you find a vendor like this outfit that has them in stock you'll be good. Dealing with Imperial first hand, you'll probably have a long wait.

I'm not exactly sure what setup you are looking for but this guy has several for '64 b bodies.

https://m.ebay.ca/itm/Mopar-64-B-Bo...able-NEW-483-/362002897670?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1
$275 for a cable?? He's smoking CRACK!

3.13.16 082.jpg

I hear that Kid!! I have rubber fuel line on both my cables with silicone on the trans end with small hose clamps.I know a few other guys like DVW that used shrink tube on the cable and stopped the leakage we all get.

4.3.12 (2).jpg 4.3.12 (3).jpg 4.3.12 (4).JPG

I used the shrink tubing with the glue inside. Got it from Lowes in the electrical section. Got the idea from DVW. Must be completely clean from any oil.
20170707_131744.jpg
20170708_124332.jpg

Dukeboy, I heartily agree with the recommendation that you stay away from
Imperial Services. He got a bunch of my money 3 1/2 years ago and for that
I got absolutely nothing but excuses for months/ years until he stopped caring.
Don't know what happened there. He was making a lot of quality products that were
and are still in demand, but the wheels fell of his business somehow. Unfortunate
because no one has yet to pick up the slack.
For a quality new cable you're going to pay over $200 if you can find one the right
length. The 318 shift cables were 42" long and were too short for my '63BB. Big block
cables are in the 44-45" range and should be perfect. I never could find a BB cable
and settled for a 47" cable off what I'm not sure. It works fine but I had to use some
care around the headers. 47" is about as long as I'd recommend on an early b-body.
I also agree with the adhesive lines heat shrink tubing for repair. You can get 3-4'
lengths of that tubing online. Works best if you want to cover the whole cable.

Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back