• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 pushbutton questions

I have run a 65 valve body's with my 62, 63, and 64 push button shifters. I've never drilled any of my yokes. Been running 65 transmissions in my race cars since 1992. Never an issue,
Doug
Same here!

Are you certain your small block cables won't work? It seems to me that they should be the same length.

I have a collection of shift cables, and park cables. Tell me what year, or what lenght tip to tip.

I have a collection of shift cables, and park cables. Tell me what year, or what lenght tip to tip.
64, b body. I'd like good set of small block cables as well as a big block set. No idea on lengths

Are you certain your small block cables won't work? It seems to me that they should be the same length.

They work fine on the bb i swapped to. I can't see why they would be a different length since the connection points are in the same location on both 727s.

Heat shrink with the glue will seal leaking cables easily. I have some of it.
Doug

Heat shrink with the glue will seal leaking cables easily. I have some of it.
Doug
My Lowes has the shrink tube with the glue inside.
20170707_131744.jpg

20170708_124332.jpg

20170920_214719.jpg

I do the metal crimped ends to the outer casing. And then you can repair any melted areas as well. That's all I've had to do.
Doug

Dukeboy i might have what you want in one of the boxes i got with my car it was a push button car. I don't know what kind of shape it's in.

I thought you were looking for push button shifter i must be wrong sorry

You can skip drilling the yoke vent hole if you leave out the inner yoke seal-on the output shaft. The vent hole allowed the yoke to slide on the splines without pumping transmission fluid out the seal. The 65 required manual lubrication of the splines.
Mike

I thought you were looking for push button shifter i must be wrong sorry
actually I am. I just didn't know which you were referring too, the trans or the shifter. Pm coming

I have 3 complete 63 push button tranys and several sets of used cable assys with push button shifters--Im in Florida let me know if I can help---these are still conneted to the 413 engines--on shelves IN my garage--check my messages daily most of the time--large collection of 63 plymouth stuff---I own 3 of them (63 cars)

Doug's heat shrink with glue works great. We used to have a puddle under the car all the time. It's dry as a bone after using this solution. Thanks again Doug!

Auto Transport Service
Back