• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Year Identification.

davidplymouth1@

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I want to buy a rebuild kit for a 727 but they ask if it's pre-71' or after 71'. 2 There's 2 different kits depending on the year I guess. Have 2 different ones to rebuild but have no idea which one to go with. Is there a site where I can decode the transmission year? any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

List the part numbers on here. They are stamped above the pan just below the shift linkage on the driver's side

Thanks for the calendar - but how do l know which #'s to use? is it the first set? 2nd set or 3rd? The first trans mission is pk3681053 then 4221 then 9910. the second one is 3515841 then 3496 then 9969. thank you very much to everyone!

List the part numbers on here. They are stamped above the pan just below the shift linkage on the driver's side
The first trans mission is pk3681053 then 4221 then 9910. the second one is 3515841 then 3496 then 9969. thank you very much to everyone! I don't know which one I should use. it's a mild 360

Transmission year.

trans.JPG

3515841 is a slant six tranny.
I appreciate u bro. This is the transmission that has the 3515841 numbers. Looks like a small block to me - I never saw a slant six, but I hear the starter hole is at the 1-2 o'clock posistion on a slant 6. this one is at 3-4 o' clock position. How are u getting your info? Is there a book or something l can check? I've been searching on line for hours.

20240210_162244.jpg

20240210_161809.jpg

I decoded an 89 with the 10000 day calendar. The numbers stamped were PK 4505154 0254 7507. The 0254 is the date code.
AHH...OK... I get you know. 2nd set of numbers 4 digit is the date/year. I just found the same thing on another Chrysler website. Thank you Thank you Thank you. Have a great week - and thanks to everyone who helped me. I'm indebted to you all.

I appreciate u bro. This is the transmission that has the 3515841 numbers. Looks like a small block to me - I never saw a slant six, but I hear the starter hole is at the 1-2 o'clock posistion on a slant 6. this one is at 3-4 o' clock position. How are u getting your info? Is there a book or something l can check? I've been searching on line for hours.

View attachment 1607191

View attachment 1607192
I think that last number is a 4 not a 1. 3515844 would make more sense as it is not a slant six case. Is there balance weights behind those blocks of wood?

I think that last number is a 4 not a 1. 3515844 would make more sense as it is not a slant six case. Is there balance weights behind those blocks of wood?
Hey man - Yeah - several of the #'s were hard to read - but I must've checked it at least 5 times with my glasses and a magnifying glass. All I really wanted to know was the year. It would've been cool to know what it came out of/ gearing ect. I guess I'll never know and that's ok. Not a show car or race car. That converter behind the wood blocks didn't go with that transmission. He wanted to keep the converter that was on it (but for a 340) so he gave me an old one to put on it so no dirt would get into it when I drove home. I was just gonna stuff a rag in the hole. I think he just wanted me to haul it away for him. He tried to sell me a whole bunch of converters for $150 - then just before I left his house - all of em' for free. I really didn't even want that one he put on the transmission. But I didn't want to be rude and tell him I didn't want some old random converter that I'd just throw away anyway. I don't like confrontations, so I thanked him instead. LOL And I guess it did keep dirt from getting in. It didn't matter anyway - I started taking it apart yesterday, and it was full of water. No visible corrosion so far - but I haven't removed the front pump to see the rest of it yet. I bought 2 transmissions from him. The other one looked like it had been sitting outside for a long lime without a converter on it - so it had already been exposed to the elements. Apparently, they're both after 1971 if I understand the 4 digit year correctly. (the 4 digit #'s were easy to read) I already bought the rebuild kit. The one with the slant 6 numbers was supposedly built for a 700+ motor. (he did sound like he was really Chrysler knowlegable) Supposed it has some very expensive hard parts in it already. But right now - I'd be glad if I can make just one good tranny from the 2 trans. I did the transmission in my Satellite about 4 years ago and it still works great - but it had oil instead of water when l tore it down. LOL Thanks much. Appreciate u bro.

3515844. I get 1971 C body with 360 Unless it’s a truck tranny. Post some pics of the tail housing. My book only does car trannies.

Auto Transport Service
Back