• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727Transmission

Paul Martinez

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon,
I was hoping someone could help answer a question about my trans. I purchased a roller 67' Coronet for 1/4' mile. It came with a 727 transmission. I had it rebuilt and had a few upgrades done. The one thing the rebuilder couldn't figure out was what this hole was for. He told me it doesn't serve any purpose to operate the transmission and if I couldn't figure out what it was for to just plug it.
The car was setup for 1/4 mile racing so I'm thinking its and old racers trick? Any help is much appreciated.

727-1.jpg

Trans brake case insulated connector. Rebuilder must not have much experience.

Trans brake case insulated connector. Rebuilder must not have much experience.
It was his second 727 but first one for drag racing. Good call! Makes absolute sense. Thank you brother.

If that hole is not needed, it can be threaded for a small pipe plug. Coat the thread tap with grease. The grease will trap most of the chips in the flutes of the tap, preventing them from falling into the transmission.

If that hole is not needed, it can be threaded for a small pipe plug. Coat the thread tap with grease. The grease will trap most of the chips in the flutes of the tap, preventing them from falling into the transmission.
It already is pipe thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back