• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 Charger quarter panels

So is there a difference between the 72 charger quarter and 73-74? Just from a glance they look the same to me or at least very close. The parts car I have (73)has very workable quarters with only a small amount of rust at the very rear. So I will defiantly not scrap them. But I also have a full original 72 quarter with wheel house and trunk drop off in tact absolutely no rust. It is off the car. I guess I should pick it up as it is laying out side lol Just wondered if they were the same.

The 72 body lines are different,they will not match up with the door on the 73/74 Chargers. The 72 rear quarterpanel is the same as the 71 rear quarterpanel,except for the side marker light.

The 72 body lines are different,they will not match up with the door on the 73/74 Chargers. The 72 rear quarterpanel is the same as the 71 rear quarterpanel,except for the side marker light.
Thanks I have a 72 and 2 73's just haven't ever started on them. And know very little about them. Seems to me that I better not scrap my 73 parts car. It is a very solid car. I have a habit of putting them on craigslist when I have what I want off them. After a week if no one contacts me they go to scrap. I just don't like having them sitting around the property if I cant use them. I scraped a 69 coronet 4 door a while back. And now I find people looking for parts lol. Just couldn't use anything off it. I took the 727 , alt. and brackets , power steering pump and brackets , and radiator out of it and scraped the rest. It had a 383 2bbl in it but was locked up. A week later someone contacted me wanting the front clip lol.

I bought parts off a 72 rallye charger and had to buy all he had or none. I got a bulge hood , rallye doors , rallye tail lights and two rust free quarters. The quarters had wheelhouses and trunk drop offs. Sold one quarter so still have one. I wasnt sure if it fit more than one year. Thanks for the info.

The lower quarters are pretty close between 72 and 73/74 but the wheel opening changed by about an inch. I suppose if you needed patches the 72s could work, depends on what's rotted.

I'm not really sure about wheel opening height is really different on quarters like fenders are between 71/72 and 73/74. On AMD website states the outer wheel wells are interchangeable with some mods, but the opening height is not a small mod really.

.....A week later someone contacted me wanting the front clip lol.....

Yep a SH!tt ton of money to the scrap if it was rust free. Fenders would fetch about $450.oo to $600.oo each.

Also:
Flat hood $175.oo -$250.oo
Torsion Bar cross member $350.oo
Front frame rails $350.oo each
Firewall $350.oo
Upper & lower cowl $450.oo
Inner fenders $175.oo each
Rad support (if 26") $250.oo
K frame $225.oo
.....and so on.

Yes that's some money, but it's also work and it taking up space.

I wish I could find someone willing to let go of their 1966-70 B Body 4 door for cheap because they need it out of their way. LoL

Yep a SH!tt ton of money to the scrap if it was rust free. Fenders would fetch about $450.oo to $600.oo each.

Also:
Firewall $350.oo
K frame $225.oo
.....and so on.

I wish I could find someone willing to let go of their 1966-70 B Body 4 door for cheap because they need it out of their way. LoL

Also:
Firewall $350.oo
K frame $225.oo
.....and so on.

I usually cut a guy a deal if he is truly trying to save an old car. I sold the front fenders to a member here for 500 for the pair. I hate what these parts bring. I will most likely sell some of the parts off next spring. But like you said it is a ton of work. And I have tried to give parts away before scraping out here and no one wanted them. The mopar hobby is not real huge out in my area and shipping parts is not my thing.

Are we talking Coronet or Charger parts?

Around here you can't get $75 for a clean 71-74 Charger flat hood.

AMD inner fenders for 71/72 are $130, so it's hard to price used any higher.

Are we talking Coronet or Charger parts?

Around here you can't get $75 for a clean 71-74 Charger flat hood.

AMD inner fenders for 71/72 are $130, so it's hard to price used any higher.

Nope, '69 Coronet from reply #23
Inner fenders for 69 B Body listed at $249.oo each or $429.oo pair
Plus original rust free, dent free, drilled out spot weld panels are worth more than new AMD IMO.

Finally 2 years later and it looks like it is happening!
73-74quarters2021-11-27-at-8.49.29-PM.jpg

and maybe on $800-900 rate each... PLOP!

( while Chevy crowd get those pieces on $400-500 rate )

But at least there is an option. Late for me anyway.

Last edited:
and maybe on $800-900 rate each... PLOP!

( while Chevy crowd get those pieces on $400-500 rate )

But at least there is an option. Late for me anyway.

Looks like $709.10 each, in stock at the time of this posting... a little less 'Mopar tax' than I thought as well.

If anyone needs a pair I'd suggest that you buy them. I can't imagine that AMD will do more than one run, at least for a long time. Thankfully they waited until I sold my 73 to finally release these.

Finally! The price is lower than I thought it would be. Now to figure out the best shipping to Canada or the border. Or wait until wait until I can go to a car show.

Finally! The price is lower than I thought it would be. Now to figure out the best shipping to Canada or the border. Or wait until wait until I can go to a car show.

There are a number of AMD distributors in the US, maybe go that route and find one along the border near you.

I won't be able to buy them until the summer, maybe the Fall. It would be great if someone can review them when they go to install them. Since they are AMD I'm assuming the quality and fit will be good.

Auto Transport Service
Back