• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 RR Quarter windows. fixed v rolldown

scotts74birds

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
I am dissassembling my 74 RR now and the question has come up,can I convert my fixed quarter windows into rolldowns? Better yet power if it was available. Did my RR just miss this option, or was it a RR thing only to have fixed quarter windows? Thanx, Scotty

You should be able to convert them over to power,but will be alot of work, harness,switches, plastic on door panels inside should be marked for cut outs for switches,from factory, my 74 RR/GTX has power window. can also send your pics out of my parts manual if you need em.

I have a 73 Roadrunner and it has the fixed 1/4 windows. I thought this was a part of the Roadrunner package. By being a GTX, does that mean it gets roll down rear glass?

Look at the first 4 characters on your vin, they will tell your which type of RR you have.

RM23=2 door hardtop with roll down quarter windows

RM21=2 door coupe with fixed quarter windows

Joe

Well, it turns out that I may only be half right on the answer I gave earlier. I checked my code book and it only shows RM21 for 73-74 RR's and RM23 for 71-72 RR's. I also checked Ebay and all of the 73 RR's on there for sale were RM21 cars. So if this is the case all 73-74 RR's are 2 door coupes with fixed quarter windows and all 71-72 RR's are 2 door hardtops with roll down quarter windows. My 72 RR is an RM23 car and has the roll down quarter windows.

Now that I have totally confused everyone, :confused:I will go now

Joe

Well, it turns out that I may only be half right on the answer I gave earlier. I checked my code book and it only shows RM21 for 73-74 RR's and RM23 for 71-72 RR's. I also checked Ebay and all of the 73 RR's on there for sale were RM21 cars. So if this is the case all 73-74 RR's are 2 door coupes with fixed quarter windows and all 71-72 RR's are 2 door hardtops with roll down quarter windows. My 72 RR is an RM23 car and has the roll down quarter windows.

Joe

Oh fine, just throw confusion to the already lost and run.....:rolling:

Joe

my 73 charger se, starts with WP29 ??? whada think that is?

29 is "sports roof" kind of like fastback.

my 73 charger se, starts with WP29 ??? whada think that is?

My vin# WP29P4A141604
Body Type: W = Dodge Coronet / Charger
Price Class: P = Premium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Engine: P = 400 250HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Year: 4 = 1974
Sequence Number: 141604 = 41604th Vehical Built
Assembly Plant: Lynch Road, MI

Our Chargers have fixed windows and a Canopy vinyl top.

I am dissassembling my 74 RR now and the question has come up,can I convert my fixed quarter windows into rolldowns? Better yet power if it was available. Did my RR just miss this option, or was it a RR thing only to have fixed quarter windows? Thanx, Scotty

You can do the rolldown swap no problem at all.I have all the roll down parts you would need to do the swap.PM me if you want pic's of info :)

the swap is not hard... just need all the stuff. if you want to go power windows... i have a pair of front and rear power window panels out of a 73 charger se. gold, but can be dyed.

Would you believe I'm doing the very same tonight ? I have a 73 RR with fixed windows and a 73 Satellite donor with "working" rear quarters. I just finished removing drivers side, all but the glass itself, lost my light and time fer dinner. Anyway, will work on it this week - I have to say, I've done one other A body swap and these things kick my butt. Only 6-8 bolts, but the mechanism itself has to come apart to be removed and comes out in "pieces". I haven't figured out how to get the glass itself out of the quarter yet, but got everything else out. You will obviously need to cut the holes in the rear panels for the crank as well. I could really use a diagram of this assembly if anyone can help - took some photos and have the passenger side available to look at. Any tips greatly appreciated .....
Sputnik is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Yes it would - you don't want me to post, as my "steps" would not even come close to the proper procedure, I'm sure !

Auto Transport Service
Back