• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Chargers front end alignment

Coldsmoke

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, can somebody please explain to me how caster and Camber are adjusted? I suspect my alignment shop has no idea what they're doing and I need to take it back... so I'd like to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible.

Screenshot_20230928-131615-455.png

Loosen the nuts.

(red circles have no bearing)

Move it where you want it.

Both in/out affects camber, one in the other out affects caster.

Check alignment.

Quite possibly the simplest method of aligning a car ever invented.

...although it sure would have been nice to have flat spots on the "bone" areas around the studs/nuts, so you could clearly mark where they are prior to disassembly.

Loosen the nuts.

(red circles have no bearing)

Move it where you want it.

Both in/out affects camber, one in the other out affects caster.

Check alignment.

Quite possibly the simplest method of aligning a car ever invented.
Thank you, I see exactly what you mean.
Everyone says try to get maximum positive castor first, then minus .5 camber with radials.

So to maximize castor, we would loosen the rear nut and slide it all the way out? Is this correct?

If your alignment shop/mechanic doesn't know how to adjust alignment on a simple design... go elsewhere. Do you have a printout of the BEFORE and AFTER specifications ? You should.

If your alignment shop/mechanic doesn't know how to adjust alignment on a simple design... go elsewhere. Do you have a printout of the BEFORE and AFTER specifications ? You should.
Problem is....shr shop already screwed it up and I'm taking it back in the morning & and plan on educating them.

I do have before & after sheets but something doesn't add up.
Camber & toe are dead nuts but the car pulls to left.
Caster on driver side is -3 and claim they can't get it any higher.

You got your car back like that ? If they couldn't do a proper alignment, you should not be charged for doing nothing. They can't get any more caster because .............. < the technician fills in that blank. Get your money back and go elsewhere. Charge them a fee for educating them, THEY should be the professionals that know what they're doing.

The 3 holes are there when using the proper Mopar pry bar to adjust the alignment.

mopar steering.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back