• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 dodge charger steering problems

Texas charger 73

Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1973 dodge Charger small block.. I recently had thengear box rebuilt, put a new reman BBB power steering pump on from rock auto, had an alignment done and now my steering is messed up. When cruising it is straight as an arrow, but if you turn a little right or left it stays that way, it doesn't return to Center. When you come out of a left or right turn it does not auto center like it should... Making a left turn it tries to straighten up a very little, but making a right turn it does nothing. It would stay turning right until I manually correct the steering. I have tried to lose the box with no avail or change really. I was also told it could possibly even be then remained power steering pump. Before I had box rebuilt and replaced pump everything worked fine. Anyone else had this problem. Uploaded is my C
received_4545680008886913.jpeg
urrent alignment

With the caster readings you have provided, I would look at the steering gear. Did you set the valve box position with the wheels off the ground?
Mike

With the caster readings you have provided, I would look at the steering gear. Did you set the valve box position with the wheels off the ground?
Mike
Yes.. When car is raised and running.. Put steering in center its absolutely don't move the slightest on its on.

Auto Transport Service
Back