• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 73 Roadrunner: Brake Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmopars

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a master cylinder mounting plate and proportioning valve for a 73 Roadrunner with manual disc brakes. PM with details. Thanks!

I don't think that was an available option from the factory on B body cars.

IIRC was an A body thing.

Is the plate you are looking for different than a PDB plate?

The firewall mounting plate as well as the attaching hardware to the pedal is different between the two and although I'm not an expert, I believe manual brakes were available on the 73 B bodies though I could be wrong. My 73 Roadrunner looks to have been originally manual brakes and I converted my 73 GTX to manual brakes years ago using parts from a 74 Coronet as I recall. I can't speak to the interchange on the proportioning valves yet though.

Edit: FWIW, it looks to interchange from 70-74 B and E body. Doctor Diff shows an aluminum version for $40 but I would still need the pedal hardware and proportioning valve. The search continues... :thumbsup:

Picture: Power brake mounting plate vs manual brake mounting plate (installed)

0413201818.jpg

Last edited:
So you need the mounting plate (yellow arrow in pic) and not the other one (blue arrow in pic) correct?

I have the blue arrow plate, thanks.

0413201818.jpg

I'm looking for one like the yellow arrow is pointing at.

I can’t help with parts but 100% that manual brakes were available on 1973 Road Runners. That’s how mine is and it’s stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back