• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Roadrunner trunk lid question

Danny Baker

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I've looked at numerous suppliers of fiberglass pin-on trunk lids, and I can only find lids for the 71-72 models. Can anyone comment on the dimensional differences between those models and my 1973? Pictures look pretty similar, but... Thinking my only option might be to get a 71-72 lid and try to tweak the fiberglass - if the differences aren't too major. Being pinned on, not concerned about the hinges, lock.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the only difference is the size of the keyhole cutout. Otherwise they are the same.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the only difference is the size of the keyhole cutout. Otherwise they are the same.

Thank you for the reply. I did finally find one at GlassTek, and they list it as 71-74. Not sure why all the others exclude 73-74. But I'm sure you're correct.

Auto Transport Service
Back