• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Dimmer Switch location help

Hijinx

Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rough location of the headlight dimmer switch? Replaced my floors and re-doing the electrical now and when i got the car it was already missing...

dimmer-switch.jpg

Put it where it is comfortable for you. It is not critical unless it's a accurate restoration.
Mike

If your new floor doesn't have the holes to screw it to, you should lay out your carpet. There is a grommet that it passes through, so you can mark the location and then install it. You want to be sure it matches with the carpet.

thank you all... think i am going to use the carpet trick mentioned above and see if it lines up with Nacho's image... not for nothing, but it would be an awesome idea to create a 'by year' catalog of images for all of these cars. Searchable of course.

the carpet location could be sligthly off depening on the quality of carpet or how it fits to the new floor... to many variables. I can see top screw is right at the floor pan seam with firewall, and about the middle side to side of the blank area for the foot

BTW, this pics are from a members cars resto job. Dunno his screen name here but at 3rd gen board and DC board is CDN72SE... I saved to check for the firewall cotton insulator. I won't buy a repro of that, just will make it at home buying the material

Auto Transport Service
Back