• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Fuel Tank Vapor Vent Valve

Hijinx

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
On a 74 Charger fuel tank, that hump for vapors has a tube, this would be connected to the canister at the front of the car. Was not planning on adding this canister, installing a Holley Sniper EFI system and was not planning on installing that...

What can i do OR what have people done to be able to release the vapors but not connect it to the canister? Is there a check valve that can be used?

On a 74 Charger fuel tank, that hump for vapors has a tube, this would be connected to the canister at the front of the car. Was not planning on adding this canister, installing a Holley Sniper EFI system and was not planning on installing that...

What can i do OR what have people done to be able to release the vapors but not connect it to the canister? Is there a check valve that can be used?

What’s the fuel pump you’ll be using with the sniper EFI? We used an Aeromotive (stealth 340 I think it was called), this has provision for a vent which we connected to a rollover check valve. I will try and find a few photos, or can take a few next time I’m under there.

I just ran a hose up into the bumper area on a few cars no smells no problem. You could put a breather on it way back when I was younger I'd just leave it open!

Haven't looked at it in over a year, i bought the Holley Sniper kit that included the pump, will look tomorrow.
What’s the fuel pump you’ll be using with the sniper EFI? We used an Aeromotive (stealth 340 I think it was called), this has provision for a vent which we connected to a rollover check valve. I will try and find a few photos, or can take a few next time I’m under there.

Found it - here’s the rollover valve. I went online and found one that matched the AN-06 size line I was running from the pump, I think I got it from summit racing.

BB4EC780-B4A5-4D43-B4FF-5B410ECAA4AD.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back