• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 with a/c Blower Motor Current Draw ??

and about lights... I made exactly the same.... no wires cut, just untapped, pulled out the necessary wire lenght to install the relays on the right spot, and added the "jumper wire" ( same color to make it unnoticeable after retappe them ) up to dimmer floor switch

View attachment 828394

I'm searching a diagram about the headlight relays job to be located on kick panel area I made but can't find it. Will edit the reply and post when I find it. It shows more clear the job made on this kind of job without Hack up the harnesses just untapping and installing all relays into the cab, out of heat, enviroment elements, oil etc... and showing your car as a pure stock piece from outside

Need to say this diagram I made is just ilustrative. The high speed relay is not feeded from main control switch like diagram shows but from fan lever switch.

I was debating on use one relay for every speed or just for the high speed. Opted for feed each one with individual relays after dissasembly the blower speed switch and note how weak are the points inside, ALTHOUGHT, low speed doesn’t go through the lever switch, is a direct feed from main control switch.

Also to guarantee a good power source from batt/alt on every speed. It was very tipical note an rpm increase on blower when giving throttle. With relays this become more stable.

Usually if you put just the high speed for the blower motor on a relay that's all that is needed. Course the slower speeds all go through a resister and have less current draw. Sure you can put all speeds on relays but honestly high speed is the only one that should need to be on a relay. High speed for the blower is the only speed I remember any manufactors putting on a relay. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back