• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

741 differential to 489 swap

blue69runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
So, my question is can I get a yoke too work on the 489 so I can get the universal bearing to work that I have now on the drive shaft with a 741-rear end. Have a 69 roadrunner. Or do I have to get the drive shaft made with the bigger bearing at the rear of the drive shaft. Thanks for all comments.

They sell a combo ujoint for that. Someone here will know the part number. I used to have the box for one with the part number on it. But failed to retain it over the years. I think this is the one.
Moog 7260 7290 Combo U-joint for Mopar Big & Small Conversion Dodge Chrysler

I had a drive shaft shortened because I put an A833 in the car like originally. Was running a cross mixed bearing like was stated. So, I guess will have to go to my drive shaft guy and see if he can build me one with the universal bearing yoke on the drive shaft like I need. I don't feel comfortable with the cross fit bearing just me. Have been told they will brake if too much stress is put on them. I would not know due to not drag racing the car. LOL. Thanks for the info and that is what I thought.

Thanks for that info. I have to look at my differential again think I have the yoke but not sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back