• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75-76-77 B-bodies

Hey Super77 couldn't you drop her 1 hole on the spring shakle...that way you'd know... if you did.... it looks like the trac bars would be just fine...... I'd like to drop mine 1 more inch...but can't and still drive here in the south.... really like the way my boat handles since I lowered 2 inches....

I really like the idea of the dog dish wheels on your retro style Doba. I also think lowering the rear end a bit will make it look and handle better. Traction bars are okay to stay or to remove. Whatever you choose... it will be "COOL" for sure!
:headbang:
David

EASY KILLA LOL this car is an XS22 Dodge Charger SE. the entire tail end treatment and grill are specific to the Charger. often confused for a cordoba, these are actually fairly rare. just over 23,000 made it out the door for 1977.

Hey Super77 couldn't you drop her 1 hole on the spring shakle...that way you'd know... if you did.... it looks like the trac bars would be just fine...... I'd like to drop mine 1 more inch...but can't and still drive here in the south.... really like the way my boat handles since I lowered 2 inches....

the funny thing is that the original owner had the rear springs re-arched. in the first pic i posted is how i got it, and you can see how high it is in the back, that is with the factory shackles and shocks. when i unbolted the rear shocks, the back end if this thing shot up almost 2 inches ! scared the crap out of me ! after i re-built the rear suspension and went to hang the springs and axles, there was such a sharp curve in the leaves ,that i could not get the factory shackles back on. i had to go to o-reillys and get some of their 8 inch long shackles just to bolt the springs up. the extra long shackles are not by choice. i am going to try puttin a bunch of weight in the trunk and adjust the spring eye, and then cut off the excess. these cars have the added luxury of a rear sway bar, that really makes a difference when they are jacked up.

Its a sharp looking car for sure, i like it, especially how the wheels look on it, The stripes really don't do it for me though..
i agree...the two-tone thing is a little too much "80's", but i like the color, stance, and the cuda side exit exhaust.

I absolutely love that Daytona. How could anyone still dislike later b-bodies after seeing that.

Digging that 77se too.

75 Road Runner

Here are a couple pictures of my '75 RR. 400, auto, buckets, console, p/s, p/disc, air, am/fm 8 track, dual remote chrome mirrors, tuff wheel, Aztec gold with black stripes, inverted U trunk stripe, V21 performance hood treatment, 14" road wheels with G70 raised white letter tires. Purchased from the original owner in '97. Car was completed just in time for the 2005 Mopar Nationals Year of the Road Runner where it was selected to represent the '75 model year in their display of one of every year that they made the Road Runner. She is coming back out of the garage this year to be on display at Carlisle Chrysler Nationals this July in building T.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • 75RRMurphyPark3.jpg
    75RRMurphyPark3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 958
  • 75RRMurphyPark8.jpg
    75RRMurphyPark8.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 959
Hey Droptop...what a Beautiful ride you got there....WELL done my Friend...WELL DONE !!!!!!

I'm liking all the cars on here but that 75 RR is too cool for words. Never seen one before and can't get over the options!!!:eek: Would like to see more of these cars! FYI I had a guy try to trade me a pretty complete 75 Charger with the decal on the trunk for a car I was selling if anybody is interested. Looked like it was B7 or something close.

Here are a couple pictures of my '75 RR. 400, auto, buckets, console, p/s, p/disc, air, am/fm 8 track, dual remote chrome mirrors, tuff wheel, Aztec gold with black stripes, inverted U trunk stripe, V21 performance hood treatment, 14" road wheels with G70 raised white letter tires. Purchased from the original owner in '97. Car was completed just in time for the 2005 Mopar Nationals Year of the Road Runner where it was selected to represent the '75 model year in their display of one of every year that they made the Road Runner. She is coming back out of the garage this year to be on display at Carlisle Chrysler Nationals this July in building T.

droptop, that is one, if not the very best done 75 RR ive ever seen! Funny i come across this today as i was going thru a magazine about the RRs in a junkyard, MM did, and seen one.. i thought just how cool it would be to find one. Ive heard parts are really hard to find for these... I love the color combo you have on that old bird.. Very nice ride!!!
thumbs.gif

i agree...the two-tone thing is a little too much "80's", but i like the color, stance, and the cuda side exit exhaust.
Wow again! I'm new here, and I just found my car in another thread as well! Thanks for the kind words, and the critiques as well. I'll agree that the 2-tone paint just screams 70s/80s, but I love it! Besides, it mimics the stock paint, and it carries some of the originality of the car over. Lord knows there's not much of that left with all the other mods! Unfortunately, djais, the side exit exhaust is long gone now. Just not enough ground clearance, way too loud, and I just like the look of the tailpipes/tips better out the back. However, the stance is even better now with the new wheel/ tire combo! I was going for a little more modern, smooth look with it, so it now has 18s, the badging removed, the windows smoked out, and a cowl style scoop on it (I know, blasphemy!). I'll post some updated pics soon.

Wow again! I'm new here, and I just found my car in another thread as well! Thanks for the kind words, and the critiques as well. I'll agree that the 2-tone paint just screams 70s/80s, but I love it! Besides, it mimics the stock paint, and it carries some of the originality of the car over. Lord knows there's not much of that left with all the other mods! Unfortunately, djais, the side exit exhaust is long gone now. Just not enough ground clearance, way too loud, and I just like the look of the tailpipes/tips better out the back. However, the stance is even better now with the new wheel/ tire combo! I was going for a little more modern, smooth look with it, so it now has 18s, the badging removed, the windows smoked out, and a cowl style scoop on it (I know, blasphemy!). I'll post some updated pics soon.
please do!

Here you go, guys! I couldn't find my most recent pics, but these show most of the current changes. I will get some better shots after this next round of mods. Stay tuned!

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

Justins20Charger20Engine.jpg

droptop, that is one, if not the very best done 75 RR ive ever seen! Funny i come across this today as i was going thru a magazine about the RRs in a junkyard, MM did, and seen one.. i thought just how cool it would be to find one. Ive heard parts are really hard to find for these... I love the color combo you have on that old bird.. Very nice ride!!!
thumbs.gif

I know of a white 75 RR in a junk yard in English Ind. White with gold stripes, and the sun burst interior just like the car in the original sales brochure. 400, auto, air, buckets, console, etc. I also have a parts car that I am holding onto that has a lot of good sheet metal just in case. If any one is interested in, or currently working on one of these cars, PM me as I have a lot of NOS and very nice used parts. I enjoy helping out owners of like cars.

Geeee maybe SOMEday i'll find someone else who like to build 76 4 doors....like me....lolololololololol....and if I DO say so myself......WE do build some nice late gen B-bodies !!!!!! not a bad lookin one in the bunch !!!!!!!!!!

Very nice Charger, rd05! And I see your a fellow MO man. I was curious about the meaning on that personal plate?

Thanks...That was my dads thing. Every show he would go to or even driving around town everyone told him he had a nice Cordoba.

LOL! I knew it! I get exactly the same thing with my Charger, that's why my plates read NO DOBA. Great minds think alike, eh? :icon_biggrin:

Auto Transport Service
Back