• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75-76-77 B-bodies

To add my 2 cents, I remember in the 70's and 80's a lot of dealers used to order cars without the vinyl roofs, and then put on their own at the dealership and charge twice as much for them. And they were really crappy quality. They would just cover over the opera windows because it was cheaper than cutting them out and fitting in trim, and then they usually glued some kind of cover on the inside windows to make it look fancy. Then after a couple of years when they would peel off and rust bubbles showed up, the customer would blame the factory because they didn't know it was a dealer installed item.

I don't remember many Chryslers with them, but I sure remember a lot of Lincoln-Mercury, Oldsmobile, and Buick dealers that did.

Believe it or not where I live some dealers are still doing it. But remember that sun city is down the road from me.

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

Img_0984a.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

my 75 doba

I'm doing a Hughes Whiplash cam swap as well as fixing leaks, etc. Haven't even driven it since last fall.

Attachments

• mopp_1103_06_+ten_best_cheap_mopars+_chrysler_cordoba.jpg
    mopp_1103_06_+ten_best_cheap_mopars+_chrysler_cordoba.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 640
Great looker!

I want to do a repaint someday. That car has had one repaint from what I can tell. It's from Vegas and it's as solid as it looks. I was looking for a reliable driver and couldn't pass it up.

I want to do a repaint someday. That car has had one repaint from what I can tell. It's from Vegas and it's as solid as it looks. I was looking for a reliable driver and couldn't pass it up.

To look at it, "someday" would be down the road.. It looks as good as a repaint now, i think!

To look at it, "someday" would be down the road.. It looks as good as a repaint now, i think!

That's kind of you. The old gal who bought it new bumped everything she saw. (I think it's how she marked her teritory.) The PS fender was unuseable as she ripped it from door to header panel. I found a straight fender, patched the rust and primered it bk. (I have a rust free fender now, for change out later.) Somebody threw a brake fluid accross the hood. It's peeling in several places. I kinda dig the beater look though. I have too many things going on at once and nothing gets finished. Such is life.

Some i have seen yes, but you always have some cool shots of your car, I thought maybe your into photography and with cars as well! There is a couple members that get some really cool shots in different places with there cars.. great photos to keep to remember times and places!

That's kind of you. The old gal who bought it new bumped everything she saw. (I think it's how she marked her teritory.) The PS fender was unuseable as she ripped it from door to header panel. I found a straight fender, patched the rust and primered it bk. (I have a rust free fender now, for change out later.) Somebody threw a brake fluid accross the hood. It's peeling in several places. I kinda dig the beater look though. I have too many things going on at once and nothing gets finished. Such is life.

My mom is getting like that, she shouldn't be driving, but there is a difference, she drives a Kia, wow thats even hard to type, and once in awhile i need to drive her to my sisters, she cant step up in my Ram, its to high, my 73 to loud so ill leave you guess what i drive her in. Oh well, Its mom, what ya do! :)

I'm doing a Hughes Whiplash cam swap as well as fixing leaks, etc. Haven't even driven it since last fall.

Hello Wedgeheaded,
I like the stance of your car! Those rear wheels and tires look to be about the size we need to fit on my son's Cordoba. 1) do they rub? 2) what springs do you have?
Thanks, David

every single 75-79 B Body has the opera style window. it could not be deleted or filled in from the factory. the only alteration is the louvered covering that came on the charger se and the magnum

I have the factory option book at home when I get off work i will post a few pictures of pages in it for you.

It was an option

My mom is getting like that, she shouldn't be driving, but there is a difference, she drives a Kia, wow thats even hard to type, and once in awhile i need to drive her to my sisters, she cant step up in my Ram, its to high, my 73 to loud so ill leave you guess what i drive her in. Oh well, Its mom, what ya do! :)

Here's a link to some pics of what you don't see.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75992550@N04/sets/

I have the factory option book at home when I get off work i will post a few pictures of pages in it for you.

It was an option

looking forward to that. i would like to see the option code as well

Auto Transport Service
Back