• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 Fury wiper problem FRUSTRATING

pedal2themetal

Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
HI all, I have had this thing in the shop several times and it is getting frustrating.
1) wiper bushing broke (I couldn't get the motor off to replace them and took it to a shop.. they fixed them but the arm's weren't going back under the cowl.
2) took it back to fix, they said they fixed.. tried them in the rain and they go up 1/2 way down they lock up the blade turns sideways (dr.side) then the extra arm on the Dr. side the pin snaps.
3) took it back again they fix and again are having a problem getting them to shut off in the proper place. their still stopping on the window. they called and said its fixed and returning under the cowl..
4) I get it home its raining this morning i turn them on they only go 1/2 way up the window and return under the cowl during operation??????????????????????
I take it back they see it is only going 1/2 way and tries to tell me well it must be in the motor? it was working fine when I first brought it in??????????????????????????????
it has now been almost 2 months working on this.................................
Is their two spots on the motor wheel for two different setting???? like for old school short stroke and the newer one's longer stroke.

Thanks take care , be safe
tim

OH.. Could they have accidentally swapped the arms in the cowl?? cause now it has a real short stroke.??

The wiper arm’s most likely are not centered on the post and the linkage may be on wrong. Really helps if the shop has any actual experience working with wiper systems. Timing is everything.

:xscuseless: :thumbsup:

236158D5-A398-4EAD-A17F-38B3B9E27FA2.jpeg 44020EA7-6C0A-40E1-B0A8-CDDE49964E23.jpeg 51663940-DF66-4CA0-841A-73C57EFFDB92.jpeg 76635FA2-94E2-49FD-8065-FB7F7F48ADF8.jpeg 5154F30E-F1D8-4270-9E9E-01FEC6B307ED.jpeg A2FA6D55-AE16-423E-9857-A126321A0F1E.jpeg 5C4F9762-E629-4B2E-A39A-DAD4239E0C4A.jpeg 75E5A651-C82D-4BF5-8C57-DB9FA909AE22.jpeg

Yea.. I can't get a picture of the inside of the cowl.. but if your parts are laid out like they hang .. it looks and feels like they have the control arms swinging up over the top instead of swinging at the bottom..
SO Are they suppose to swing at the bottom??
Thanks
tim

HI all.. THANK YOU ALL got it back into the shop after I investigated the problem here and internet, and found out the problem , they had assemblies it wrong. They had the control arms going up over the top of the arm pivot when they need to swing at the bottom.. I told them what they had done and what it need to fix the problem.. simple fix.... got it back last night and the wipers run perfectly.

The shop forearm keept trying to tell me that the motor must have forget where the stop is?????????????????????????? But I knew that wasn't right.. as it was running perfectly when I took it in .. other than the bushing broke on the control arms.

take care, be safe
Tim

The more maintenance that you can learn to do yourself, the better off your car/ wallet will be. It’s very difficult to find a repair shop that knows these cars, and often the rest will do more harm than good. This site and its members are a great resource.

It’s great that you got it fixed.

Last edited:
HI. Yeah I'm an old mach been working on them since 60's. I usually do all my own work.. but lately age has kicked in and sometimes I find it hard to get into some position to get the job done.. and Laziness .. Not many people know how to work on the old stuff anymore..
take care
tim

I hope you got your money back from them.

Glad you got it figured out.

Auto Transport Service
Back