• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 Cordoba taillight lens

Dobaroy

Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
The lens came loose from the taillight on our 76, luckily we didn't lose it. Cannot see what holds it in place besides glue. What would recommendations be for best glue for this project. Thanks

Similar thing happened on my 97 Camaro Z28: the lenses just fell out. I used a clear RTV and it held up long enough for me to find and buy a replacement taillight that was overall in better shape...

I dont know about the best, but when mine fell off i used jb welds "plastic weld". That was over a year ago and it still hasnt come off.

RTV is important too because I think it does a great job dealing up the lens to housing mating surfaces. Last thing you want is for moisture to get in through the gaps and ruin your light...

Thanks guys for all the replies. Think we are going to give the RTV a try. Will post a pic later. Have a good day!

Auto Transport Service
Back