• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

79 cordoba 360 PLEASE HELP

I resurrected a 78 Magnum, 360 that had sat for 20 plus years. The lean burn is a nightmare with about 7 critical sensors, and the ignition unit is mounted to the air cleaner. Mopar has a conversion for it. I highly recommend removing the tank and having it dipped. Roppels in Louisville KY did mine with lifetime warranty for rust. Also, if you have a Holley carb, the Holly factory custom shop in Bowling Green KY can do a great build/repair back to factory specs. It cost me $10 bucks more for that than an aftermarket carb.

Mine still has a slight miss at high speed, 55-65, but I think it is doing the best it can with all original electronics and sensors.

I resurrected a 78 Magnum, 360 that had sat for 20 plus years. The lean burn is a nightmare with about 7 critical sensors, and the ignition unit is mounted to the air cleaner. Mopar has a conversion for it. I highly recommend removing the tank and having it dipped. Roppels in Louisville KY did mine with lifetime warranty for rust. Also, if you have a Holley carb, the Holly factory custom shop in Bowling Green KY can do a great build/repair back to factory specs. It cost me $10 bucks more for that than an aftermarket carb.

Mine still has a slight miss at high speed, 55-65, but I think it is doing the best it can with all original electronics and sensors.

I remember you talking about that Magnum last year. I loved the look of those cars when new, and still do! Glad you got it running okay. I grabbed this from your folder...

Magnum8.jpg

It looks a lot better now. The aluminum covers on the wheels have been beadblasted and sealed. Paint has been buffed gently, and vinyl is cleaned. Interior got cleaned also. Got it running smooth as can be with the lean burn. Had a devil of a time with the ignition timing. EPA labels want 20 degrees BTC. Not even close. Maybe with the better gas of years ago, but not now. Not wanting to change it as it is one of the few in the area still running.

Thanks for the comments!

Sorry for the long reply I have been super busy, got the engine running great with a new eletric fuel pump, now I need to deal with the driver side leaf spring busting thru the trunk, I want to order the mopar spring relocation kit and relocate the leaf springs in onto the frame rails, I have a welder and little experince and I don't know if I'm comfortable cutting my frame and welding in the kit, I have read it can be anywhere from 125-400$ in labor..? If it's only 125 then I will have it done professionally, if not I guess I will attempt to do it myself. Does anyone know anywhere might do this type of job? Thanks in advance

Some pictures of what you have going on would help. Sounds like theren is some major rot if the spring is poking through into the trunk. I can tell you right now 125 isnt even close. Neither is 400. If you have some welding experience, I think its time for some more. Does it need frame rails?

Nowhere near you , but I like suds. That Charger in the garage is Bitchin. Whatever you do don't light them up and send us pics.

No, frame rails are solid! And that is disappointing, looks like I'm gonna have to take a grinder to my frame and weld in some new metal

From the factory the leaf is attached to the trunk floor, with supports to the frame, which rusted out. So I'm planning on moving them in on the frame rails which were sprayed with a liner and are in great shape, unlike the trunk floor and supports which crumbled to peices

Auto Transport Service
Back