• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

833 speedo gear

rich hourigan

Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
hello everyone, I sent my original 4 speed tranny from my 67GTX to Passon performance for a freshen up and just for piece of mind, this was about a year and a half ago. On sunday i took it out of the crate for the first time and noticed that he didnt return my speedo gear with the tranny.... So heres my question, which speedo gear do i need? the car is a 440-4 speed, Dana 60 with 354 gears and stock 14" factory tires and wheels, i know that they are color coded and that decides how many teeth on the gear, i really dont know why he wouldnt of returned my factory original when he serviced the 4 speed.. thanks Rich

35 teeth, 7.75X14 tires are original. F70-14 is close. Call him and tell him what happened, ask to have him send you one on the house.

And the color does NOT determine how many teeth, the colors duplicate again in the gears. They have the number molded into the gear.

Last edited:
Just the gear or the housing missing? You will need the tire size to get the right gear.

I would call him, believe me for what you spent he should send 1 out. Mention fbbo.

So ya got a set of 14” tires, are 20” tall, 35” tall? What is the height?

i dont have the tires yet.. my plan is to go with what the factory used... i still have the original redline spare that was in the trunk, i would have to look at it

From 67 SM.
sdo.JPG

thanks everyone, ill call tomorrow and ask if he can send me a #35 orange speedo gear, im betting i end up paying for one, thats ok though, i guess i should of checked the day i got it back from them, i wasnt ready to install at that time so that nice wooden crate was perfect to store it in while my resto takes shape.. i will let you guys know as soon as i know... thanks again guys, you are always there for me... Rich

so im happy to report that i called Jamie and explained the whole situation and with out hesitation he said i"ll send you a new speedo gear no problem... that situation could of easily went the other way for me and although he should of sent my 4 speed back with the speedo gear, i never checked the crate for it.. he could of said that was along time ago and to buzz off but instead he kept a customer happy, thanks for everyones help.... on a different note, i cant find the harness that goes to the back up switch, would anyone know where i can buy one or does anyone have one for sale that would fit exactly to my 67 GTX... Please let me know ... Rich

Auto Transport Service
Back