• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

87 Diplomat 318 - What Distributor and Carb to use???

junkyard junky

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I put a 318 from an 87 Diplomat in my 65 Coronet. I'm trying to figure out if I can use the original carb or do I need to find another aftermarket carb? it has the lean burn system on it. I'm assuming I'll have to change the distributor also. I was up to date on this but life got in the way and I've been busy at work and put this car on the back burning for a while. Trying to get back on it since its slowed down at work. Any help is appreciated!!

What intake manifold does it have? I have a new small block Spectra Premium electrictronic distributor if you need one. PM me if interested. 440'

I used to have a 1979 Diplomat and a 1987 5th Ave., both with lean burn. I used to the junk yard and get carb and distributor from 318 pick-up trucks. They did not have all the emissions crap on them, and cars ran fine afterward.

Auto Transport Service
Back