• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9 1/4 differential parts Wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron 73

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 9.25 rear end in my 73 Satellite and im looking for lower gears to put in it, I don't have any idea what ratio is in it now, im sure there high though.. Anyone have any parts for a 9.25 that may help me? Its a open differential, completely stock as far as i know. Anything you may have that could help me would be appreciated, please Pm me what, prices, picture? Thanks..

I just snagged a set of 3.55's with a trak-loc suregrip rotating assembly from a truck at the local Upullit for under $50.

I grabbed it because it was in great shape and a good price for my 74 charger which has 2.76 open gears in the 9.25 rear.

Good practice when doing this though is if at all possible, know/measure the backlash before disassembly... I couldnt because I couldnt find my magnetic base.

If you have a upullit local I'd start there. If you need pics, I posted a bunch on a simillar thread over at FABO for a member working on a truck rear.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=186231

Troy

Thanks Troy, Ill check this out.. Seems ive heard something before about the trucks having some that may fit! Sounds like you made a great deal with what you got...

Hey Ron, a guy that is storing a mid 70's Dodge truck at my place has a 4.10 9.25" rear end in it that is all rebuilt. I know the housing won't bolt in but he wants to sell the whole truck for cheap or junk it. Has a rebuilt 727 in it too. To bad you are so far away! Depending on what happens I might be able to grab the carrier and gears out of it. That is if you want 4.10's! Woo hoo and hang on!

Oh! Dont be discouraged if the yoke on the 9.25 is not for your application, they are 29spline and yours will fit right on... even the same as 29 spline yokes from an 8.75 489 chunk are usable. (9.25's are a cheap source for used 29 spline 7290 yokes for use on 8.75 489's!)

As well many of the newer truck rotating assemblies have tone rings for antilock brakes and traction controls... just remove the ring gear and the tone ring can then be removed and the ring gear replaced on the rotating assembly (remember the ring bolts are left hand if youve never done it before)

Additional, the 9.25 uses a crush sleeve but crush sleve eliminator kits are available as well.

Hey Ron, a guy that is storing a mid 70's Dodge truck at my place has a 4.10 9.25" rear end in it that is all rebuilt. I know the housing won't bolt in but he wants to sell the whole truck for cheap or junk it. Has a rebuilt 727 in it too. To bad you are so far away! Depending on what happens I might be able to grab the carrier and gears out of it. That is if you want 4.10's! Woo hoo and hang on!

I've never run a 4.10 but I bet that excilerating for sure! hang on!!!!! Be at the next light in a flash! haha!

If i can swing it i want it! Let me know what happens with it Meep and thanks much!!

Oh! Dont be discouraged if the yoke on the 9.25 is not for your application, they are 29spline and yours will fit right on... even the same as 29 spline yokes from an 8.75 489 chunk are usable. (9.25's are a cheap source for used 29 spline 7290 yokes for use on 8.75 489's!)

As well many of the newer truck rotating assemblies have tone rings for antilock brakes and traction controls... just remove the ring gear and the tone ring can then be removed and the ring gear replaced on the rotating assembly (remember the ring bolts are left hand if youve never done it before)

Additional, the 9.25 uses a crush sleeve but crush sleve eliminator kits are available as well.

If i manage to get this, You sound like you can get me pointed in the right direction, might need to ask a few ?? if ya know what i mean? I hope i can get these, the 410 are a bit much i know, but i really don't drive it to much that it would stop me and the wife from doing what we do... I love driving it but i have antique plates and a couple maybe three times a week ill take it out, 40-50 miles isint unknown for a days fun but this car with a 318 can use the extra zip! Thanks to you guys for the help, i manage this and my big projects are getting low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back