• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

904 on a 5.7?

Donny

Local time
10:06 PM
Reaction score
Will it fit? I heard some respected MOPAR experts say it would, with no modifications, and, this is a better (easier) mod to do as the trans tunnel won't need to be hacked to fit the 5 spd automatic.

Going to move this way with my Satellite; make it a daily driver, sleeper, with a 69 'HEMI' badge on the fender (or door) where MOPAR put them when the 426 was ordered. Keep the bench seat up there (for now), kick *** stereo, modified trunk area (as you can see from my Satellite thread) because I welded in some struts from the wheelhouses to the rear section of the trunk floor (to hold it all together on the rotisserie as it currently is sans quarter panels. And, I'm not going to take these crude struts out, cover 'em up with wood paneling/structure at the Upholstery shop next door, some bass enclosures would be sweet in there!

Yes, Although I am going to run the 545RFE transmission because I have a hotwireauto harness that way everything is plug and play...

Donny, you will need the spacer that goes on the back of the block and a flex plate then it's total bolt on, also there is 1 hole that is not used cause the block does not have a corresponding hole that is on the trans bell housing.

If your going to go with an older 3 spd I would put more thought into the 727 then the 904 just because it's a stronger unit. but yes they will fit together

Actually a built 904 is better than a 727, you would loose more wheel HP with the 727 than a 904 more parasitic drag on the 727.

my Satellite 904 is all freshly rebuilt and got a shift kit in it, built by a great Tranny shop!

my Satellite 904 is all freshly rebuilt and got a shift kit in it, built by a great Tranny shop!
Sounds like your set then. and yes greenmonsta your correct just depends on how the 904 is built tho.

I would seriously put a Nag1 5 speed in the car. Spend the money on the hotwire harness, go efi, and for about $1100 more I have a standalone nag1 solution. You have my number, call me tonight and I will give you all the details.

No worries on the 904. You can build one to hold 500 HP right quick like with no exotic parts. Over 1000 HP with more expensive stuff.

But you can pull a nag1 out of a stock car and it can hold 500 all day and get 5 gears.

Yeah, toss ups, decisions, trade offs, etc. I likely will go with this nag1 (assuming its the German 5spd transmission that came with them) and keep the highway gears in the rear end. LXmodguy, you know who I'm coming to for that Challenger engine when the time's right...the barter/trade is still an option if you wish to move in that direction.

Yeah, toss ups, decisions, trade offs, etc. I likely will go with this nag1 (assuming its the German 5spd transmission that came with them) and keep the highway gears in the rear end. LXmodguy, you know who I'm coming to for that Challenger engine when the time's right...the barter/trade is still an option if you wish to move in that direction.

Sounds good. Super busy, didn't get the chance to call you over the weekend

True. How much does a nag1 cost again?

I have pulled used ones out of wrecked cars for as little as $350. Typically a good one is worth at least twice that. They are becoming more and more abundant now that they have 7 years in production. People shy away from them because of the electronics, but we have the electronics whooped. Anything that it can physically bolt up to we can make it work on. Needs a TPS sensor and a map sensor. The driveshaft gets a speed sensor....DONE

lxmodguy,

You still have to chop the tunnel to make the nag1 fit correct?

I'll answer this one, yes!!

I was just about positive as well on that one just making sure no one "figured a way" to do it though. I would like to put a new hemi in my e body and want to use a built A500 so no cutting the floor. LXMODGUY, do you guys have any stand alone controllers for the 42RE?

Auto Transport Service
Back