• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

904 Recommended Parts For Rebuild

Wedgeamacallit

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in the process of getting parts together for a 904 small block rebuild with about 400hp. Car will be mostly street use with some track time but not much. Trying to do this on a budget. What would be the must have parts for this application that would not be in a stock style rebuild kit? I am going to use the Trans Go TF3 manual shift kit. Thanks for the help.

Trans Parts Online 904 904 Transmission Parts
Get whichever Cal Deluxe kit with the band that you need. If you need steels order them further down the list. I use these guys all the time. Just installed my 1st TF3 Kit. Why are you use the TF3 instead of TF2? Used a bunch of TF2. They work very well.
Doug

Trans Parts Online 904 904 Transmission Parts
Get whichever Cal Deluxe kit with the band that you need. If you need steels order them further down the list. I use these guys all the time. Just installed my 1st TF3 Kit. Why are you use the TF3 instead of TF2? Used a bunch of TF2. They work very well.
Doug
Thanks Doug. I will check them out. I have always used reverse manual valve bodies so I decided to try the TF3 since it manual also with standard pattern. Just trying to save some money over buying a valve body.

The TF2 allows full manual operation but retains auto shift. The TF3 either requires the TV valve tied back/or some method of holding it all the way depressed. You could probably weld a washer to the bottom of the TV shaft that was large enough diameter to keep the valve depressed. When I talked to their tech guy he suggested still running throttle pressure linkage. Said it would engage softer at idle. So thats what I did. The car is just being finished now so it won't get any road time until spring.
Doug

The TF2 allows full manual operation but retains auto shift. The TF3 either requires the TV valve tied back/or some method of holding it all the way depressed. You could probably weld a washer to the bottom of the TV shaft that was large enough diameter to keep the valve depressed. When I talked to their tech guy he suggested still running throttle pressure linkage. Said it would engage softer at idle. So thats what I did. The car is just being finished now so it won't get any road time until spring.
Doug
I will either tie it back or do a type of bushing to limit the travel.

You can get everything you need from the guys that make TransGo parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back