• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$975,000 for Black Ghost

Total with fees..

ED47F83B-EA51-44F8-B32D-EBE94378C79C.png

What hurts about this is that dad wanted the car to stay in the family. At that request I would hold on to what dad wanted me to keep, no matter the price. I couldn't sell it come hell or high water.
Thank you for this comment.

All these people commenting putting food on the table. He was able to before he had the car, he is still able to. He’s just a typical selfish prick that only cares about money. People have gotten so damn greedy now it’s sickening. This hobby has gotten so out of control, it’s no longer about the cars, it’s about how much we can spend on our cars, how much we can sell them for, money money money. I hope when this guy meets his dad in heaven his dad knocks his teeth in I’m willing to bet he made sacrifices to keep the car all these years, it was his prized possession, he wanted his son to have his precious car.

To all those that are still in this hobby for the love of the car thank you. Everyone in this hobby for money screw off, you’re ruining it for the rest of us.

I have my dad's original family car which is not a Mopar but a Holden Ht Monaro & a few years back someone one offered me 150k for it. The car is sentimental to me as it's my dads he's still alive me thinking it's his there is no way i could sell it so a few days later after being offered the money i told dad about the offer thinking that he would be proud of me instead i got you frinken idiot what is wrong with you why wouldn't you sell it that's a lot of money

I have my dad's original family car which is not a Mopar but a Holden Ht Monaro & a few years back someone one offered me 150k for it. The car is sentimental to me as it's my dads he's still alive me thinking it's his there is no way i could sell it so a few days later after being offered the money i told dad about the offer thinking that he would be proud of me instead i got you frinken idiot what is wrong with you why wouldn't you sell it that's a lot of money
Ya, but he would have just spent the funds on hookers and cigars!! :luvplace: :lol:

Thank you for this comment.

All these people commenting putting food on the table. He was able to before he had the car, he is still able to. He’s just a typical selfish prick that only cares about money. People have gotten so damn greedy now it’s sickening. This hobby has gotten so out of control, it’s no longer about the cars, it’s about how much we can spend on our cars, how much we can sell them for, money money money. I hope when this guy meets his dad in heaven his dad knocks his teeth in I’m willing to bet he made sacrifices to keep the car all these years, it was his prized possession, he wanted his son to have his precious car.

To all those that are still in this hobby for the love of the car thank you. Everyone in this hobby for money screw off, you’re ruining it for the rest of us.
To me, it’s all about enjoying the cars. I always say my cars are free, the money spent to get them to where I can just jump in and go is long gone, now it’s just gas money. I have no qualms about just jumping in and going anywhere I want to go….need to run up to the hardware store? I’m taking the Roadrunner. It’s the best little grocery getter I have, and I can get the ice cream home before it melts! Just had it out today to go over to my painters house to set up a spray on some truck doors for my sons project. If the doors would’ve fit in the trunk, I would’ve taken them too.

16313C31-0F25-4D66-B219-B86D58FDCD77.png

This car would have been special on it's own without any story. It is a one owner, numbers matching Hemi, 4 speed Challenger.
The fake back-story is what the buyer "bought", not a survivor car.

This car would have been special on it's own without any story. It is a one owner, numbers matching Hemi, 4 speed Challenger.
The fake back-story is what the buyer "bought", not a survivor car.
That's the gist of the accusations from those who think it a ruse, yeah.

1. To be blunt, you're not keeping it to satisfy your dad's sentiments.
2. I'd bet that secretly, he's quite proud of you for what you're doing - and why. :thumbsup:

I saw a whole bunch of Mopars sell below current market value, because they had crappy dork dish hubcaps on them! They only one that defied the trend was the survivor 71 Hemi Road Runner. 90 percent of the cars that had crappy dork dish hubcaps on them didn't leave the factory with them.
I've been singing that song for a long time. NOBODY left taxicab wheels and hubcaps on their cars. We threw them in the garbage as fast as we could. Aftermarket wheels were put on as fast as possible.

What a coincidence!
It seems "junior" (the seller) has a production company of his own.
What're the odds? :lol:
Tony really hammers that one home, even reading the mission statement of the company....
at that point, even skeptics would be going "ahhhh, I see now!"

Here is the video........

and yes that was me, the "ahhhh I see now" guy. Here is the website too if you have not seen it already......

HOME - Full View Productions

I've been singing that song for a long time. NOBODY left taxicab wheels and hubcaps on their cars. We threw them in the garbage as fast as we could. Aftermarket wheels were put on as fast as possible.
True, of course - most of us quickly made deals on some sort of Cragars or whatever.
That said, if hubcaps came on the car originally and the highest value of said car lies within how
much of its' original equipment are with it now, they'd at least need to be on display in the trunk, eh?

The video from Uncle Tony is very good. He makes several excellent points. My favorite being “it doesn’t even have headers on it”.
Very cool car with impressive options.

No, dork dishes belong on taxis or as a water bowl for your dog. :rofl:
They are a part of the history of many of these cars - and the authentic history of the cars is the fascination
and reason for the hobby to begin with, so....

I beg to differ. Here is a picture of the day I got my Roadrunner. Off the road since 1978, but wearing all of its original everything, including the snow tires. According to the original owner….”I didn’t do anything to it, I just drove it. It was my daily driver”!
Actually, he did do one thing, he put an Accel dual point distributor in it, and he is mighty proud of that!
98AEB2EF-DE42-43B5-8BA3-5B8BE51403F1.jpeg

ACA4EBBF-2EE3-43E7-9588-8F9F2434D78F.jpeg

E78CC30D-F2FB-433D-8345-B473560E0C74.jpeg

6BA1E009-8C86-40CD-A49E-A7CD1DBF57D2.png

Last edited:
They are a part of the history of many of these cars - and the authentic history of the cars is the fascination
and reason for the hobby to begin with, so....
Ed, you know my story with the Demonstrator. Don't know if it's worth anything to the market. But per your comments, I probably should get a set of steelies, paint them factory red, and throw them in the trunk, wearing a set of correct red line snow tires. Then the car would be correct to both the broadcast sheet, and it's actual use before being sold. Story line - Plymouth dealer, former WWII fighter pilot, specs high option muscle car, drives it daily in Pennsylvania winters. Add anything to the potential sale value? And I say it in jest, because this car has been something I could never put a price on, but my heirs might.

I beg to differ. Here is a picture of the day I got my Roadrunner. Off the road since 1978, but wearing all of its original everything, including the snow tires. According to the original owner….”I didn’t do anything to it, I just drove it. It was my daily driver”!
Actually, he did do one thing, he put an Accel dual point distributor in it, and he is mighty proud of that!
View attachment 1467916

View attachment 1467918

View attachment 1467919

View attachment 1467920
That's fine, I appreciate your thought. But I lived the era, and 50 years ago nobody left those on the car. Back in the garage, we would routinely replace stock wheels with Cragars, Fentons, Ansens, Keystones, etc.etc. and those would be trashed. People ordered cars with hubcaps to purposely install "mags", yes we would get brand new cars to scrap those for a set of wheels. ( Oh, by the way, look at the thread with pics of cars back in the day... ) Hey, that's a nice car you got, a 6-bbl car ?

Last edited:
That's fine, I appreciate your thought. But I lived the era, and 50 years ago nobody left those on the car. Back in the garage, we would routinely replace stock wheels with Cragars, Fentons, Ansens, Keystones, etc.etc. and those would be trashed. People ordered cars with hubcaps to purposely install "mags", yes we would get brand new cars to scrap those for a set of wheels.
Here's mine, back in the day. Broadcast sheet called for dog dish, on a 440 GTX that stickered for nearly $5000, with factory A/C, and power windows. Original window sticker has $85 for chrome road wheels added to the total by the dealer (his personal car.) He never intended to run those things. I am maintaining his legacy, and I'm waiting to get picked apart at Carlisle this summer because the wheels don't match the broadcast sheet and window sticker.
Not that I really care.
IMG_0101 (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back