• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a 727 a speedometer pinion seal

65coronet70dart

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
looking for a part number for a speedometer pinion seal

measurements:

.250" ID
.450" OD
.150" wide

its goes inside the speedometer gear that seals the end of the speedometer cable

neeed help bad!

If Brewer's is out (as it looks like for the early seal), go to any good hardware store and peruse their O ring selection.

pat blais (torqueflite patty), monroe washington/206-365-1966.

ok so this isn't just a o ring, its a much like a lip seal without the steel spring, the SO13 is a 1/2" od so that doesn't work, what else can i try

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SS4328

this link is from brewers, it looks like the right one? but i don't know there is no measurements, plus it says unavailable

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371198324496?item=371198324496&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

this one looks right? but there are no measurements, i sent them a email asking for the measurements, i wish there was something in stock somewhere or something more common that i could use, very odd setup, of course the brand new speedometer cable that i ordered from mopar mall doesn't come with the seal i need

those seals have been obsolete for decades. pat blais is the only one i know who keeps them. i've bought his reseal kits before.

ok so this isn't just a o ring, its a much like a lip seal without the steel spring, the SO13 is a 1/2" od so that doesn't work, what else can i try

Yeah, I know, I have the same seal. The O-ring is the back up, and I noticed that Brewer's was out. Sounds like Pat Blais is a possible source, and you might try Old Car Parts NW on a long shot; you probably need the PN for him. Call, don't email to OCPNW.

Ya so pat gave me the Measurements and it seems to be right so I ordered it, thanks for the help yall

Auto Transport Service
Back