• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a BIG Thanks to Forum Guru Budnicks!

super-bee_ski

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I first want to issue and apology to Budnicks.
Once again, you are correct.
Recently I drove the 65 miles to Bakersfield CA to have some Chroming accomplished. Both the shops I have used in the past are now closed.
I mentioned this to a couple of forum members, Budnicks being one of them.. I told them California has abolished chroming per a State mandate.
Budnicks told me that up by Stockton they still do chroming.
I told him that is was now banned or being banned do to CA Hazardous Chemical Mandate.
Well. once again Budnicks is correct. I found 2 shops, one in Hayward CA and one in Salinas CA.
So, apologies to you Budnicks, the Guru of the Forum, with almost 70,000 posts and almost 100,000 reaction score, I should have listened to you at first.
So, any forum member in California who is trying to find a facility to get chroming done, YES, it is still being accomplished in California
Thanks Budnicks...
:thumbsup:

Ski I know that it is a fair distance from the High Desert to West Sac, but this place is still in business and one of the best. I used them extensively when I was living in Vacaville and had my 66 Ply Sat chrome work done there. The cost is worth it for their quality, so the next time you need the work, get in touch with them...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Sherm's Custom Plating | Sacramento | Chrome Shop | Chrome Plating

Ski I know that it is a fair distance from the High Desert to West Sac, but this place is still in business and one of the best. I used them extensively when I was living in Vacaville and had my 66 Ply Sat chrome work done there. The cost is worth it for their quality, so the next time you need the work, get in touch with them...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Sherm's Custom Plating | Sacramento | Chrome Shop | Chrome Plating
Thank you Bill...I think Budnicks mentioned this particular shop...
Thanks man!

I first want to issue and apology to Budnicks.
Once again, you are correct.
Recently I drove the 65 miles to Bakersfield CA to have some Chroming accomplished. Both the shops I have used in the past are now closed.
I mentioned this to a couple of forum members, Budnicks being one of them.. I told them California has abolished chroming per a State mandate.
Budnicks told me that up by Stockton they still do chroming.
I told him that is was now banned or being banned do to CA Hazardous Chemical Mandate.
Well. once again Budnicks is correct. I found 2 shops, one in Hayward CA and one in Salinas CA.
So, apologies to you Budnicks, the Guru of the Forum, with almost 70,000 posts and almost 100,000 reaction score, I should have listened to you at first.
So, any forum member in California who is trying to find a facility to get chroming done, YES, it is still being accomplished in California
Thanks Budnicks...
:thumbsup:
Thanks but no apologies needed 'Ski :blah:
we're all good, you're a great guy & a friend :lol:

I've always believed that you have the best intentions in mind...
I don't mind the polite banter...

Smiley aw schucks Thanks man.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is not whats the topic is about but, Sherms in SAC High dollar great outcome.

Sherms….
Yeah, I’ve heard they used to do top notch show quality work.
In 2002 when I was looking to refinish the bumpers on my Charger, they wanted $800 for each bumper. Another local business did it for $350 each.
Over Double the cost???
That have been worth it if the car was a show poodle trailer queen but it isn’t.

Sherms….
In 2002 when I was looking to refinish the bumpers on my Charger, they wanted $800 for each bumper. Another local business did it for $350 each.
Over Double the cost???
That have been worth it if the car was a show poodle trailer queen but it isn’t.
Do you know if that local biz is still in biz?

Buddy of mine just dropped his bumpers off with Sherm's.... His car is definitely a "Show Poodle" so Sherm's is a good fit....

I just wanted quality plus had bumper bolts removed welded on studs frenched the bumpers. Also they straightened them had me fit them then chromed them. Great customer service.

Sherms….
Over Double the cost???
When I Had Sherm's do my front and rear bumpers on my 66 Ply Sat project, the bill came to 1150.00 for the entire job. Straightened them and the finish was perfect. That was back in the early 2000s so in today's economy probably a lot more. For the work, I thought that the price was well worth it so I didn't hesitate. Some pics of them during that time...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

003 (2).JPG

004 (2).JPG

004.jpeg

When I Had Sherm's do my front and rear bumpers on my 66 Ply Sat project, the bill came to 1150.00 for the entire job. Straightened them and the finish was perfect. That was back in the early 2000s so in today's economy probably a lot more. For the work, I thought that the price was well worth it so I didn't hesitate. Some pics of them during that time...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

View attachment 1597935

View attachment 1597936

View attachment 1597937
Looks great... Unfortunately these days about all that $$$ gets you is repop bumpers...

Last edited:
Looks great... Unfortunately these days about all that $$$ gets you repop bumpers...
They did a fantastic job on some rough front and rear bumpers along with some other parts that needed a fresh chrome job. Felt as I said, well with that cost back then. Thanks for the acknowledgement...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back