• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A bird in the hurricane

My friend just sent me this photo. Not sure if it's a photoshop, but if it isn't, I'm sorry for the person that owns this car and to everyone else that may have lost there older cars due to the storm.

1664546963503.png

Does anyone know the exact location where this was ? We're still waiting for word on our place in Ft Myers...

Those Storm Surges are no Joke. There was a Mobile Home floating down the street. All kinds of things you just wouldn't believe. It's really horrible. My thoughts and Prayers are with those down South.

I would think that with all that salt water floodin the land like that would just destroy every bit of vegetation?

To all you disbelievers come to Florida and ride out the next cat 4 or 5 hurricane otherwise don't comment on what you are clearly ignorant of.

I would think that with all that salt water floodin the land like that would just destroy every bit of vegetation?
You would be surprised at how quick it comes back. The roots are already in a brackish water to begin with when they grew. One thing that does happen 20-30 miles inland is the trees that are not in a salt water environment will see a die off in a year or so because of the salt rain from the storm and they can't handle it.

To all you disbelievers come to Florida and ride out the next cat 4 or 5 hurricane otherwise don't comment on what you are clearly ignorant of.
Yeah Michael was 4-6 hours of hell here with trees snapping and whistling wind. They said at first it was a Cat4 but afterwards upgraded it to a Cat5 after doing research. It was down to a Cat3 when it got to my place. I had over 40 trees down or broken off half way up

A a friend of mine sent me a picture of a superbird & Daytona that were seriously damaged by hurricane Ian in Bonita Springs Fl. Anyone else see this? I couldn't figure out how to post the pic. Maybe someone else can? A real tragedy!

"Disbelievers" meaning those who say the pics are Photoshopped?

This is all over Facebook and the comments are very silly /ridiculous.
This guy owns about 20 Mopars and knows them very well. He got the 2 that meant the most to him out and back to Ohio. These he put up on the lifts and secured the house before he left.
he should have stayed there with them if they were safe.

Yes we have seen what hurricanes can do over and over again, no joke! Yes if you care get those cars out of there.

Sure looks like if the guy owns 20 cars then these were left there he wanted insurance to buy them.

Just making an obvious observation:
There is no "securing the house" when 7'-8' see walls are hitting with the force of a hurricane...

I've secretly sort of harbored a pipe dream of living on the panhandle side of FL for some years
now - my wife hates the idea BTW - but if I ever was to luck into such a move, it would be into one
of those basically solid concrete constructed "hurricane-proof" houses.
To me, a hurricane is like a tornado on steroids. No thanks!

No one that has lived in Florida for awhile and especially 50 feet from high tide would expect anything on the ground to survive a major hurricane. He literally could have moved those cars 20 miles inland and they probably would have been fine. He obviously could have afforded a secure inland storage spot to put those cars in during a storm but chose not to for some reason.

There were actually 4 wing cars in that garage, they were able to get two of them out before the storm hit. I guess that they figured that the ones up on the lifts would be ok. They weren't!

1086.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back