• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A bird in the hurricane

To all you disbelievers come to Florida and ride out the next cat 4 or 5 hurricane otherwise don't comment on what you are clearly ignorant of.
When I first saw the pics, thought they were photo shopped. Obviously I was wrong since todays technologies allow such things to look real. Definitely not ignorant or a disbeliever when it comes to Hurricanes or Tornadoes. Have a house in Jacksonville and have had some very strong storms come thru there in the past. What bothered me was why didn't the owner just have those beautiful cars hauled up farther north out of harms way.

Good Lord, there's footage out there of over FIFTEEN FOOT seawalls from the surge of the storm online now!! :praying:

Shame about those cars… I showed my son and he is builder so he was looking at the home instead. He said how the house did it’s job.. Those walls were meant to blow out to save the house….

Shame about those cars… I showed my son and he is builder so he was looking at the home instead. He said how the house did it’s job.. Those walls were meant to blow out to save the house….
I mentioned that in post #58. They are break away walls on the ground floor to let the water flow through as to protect the pilings from damage. What I and all the builders around this area question is what about the 2nd and 3rd tier houses behind the beachfront houses that have the beachfront break away walls slam into their houses as they go by in the storm surge.

They should be flap walls that swing up, but don't detach. At the very least, tethers.

Last edited:
We had a 500/1000 year flood when I was a kid. My brother-in-law tied his Datsun 510 to a tree. The first floor of their split foyer house washed away as they retreated to the attic, but the tree held and saved his car. It wasn't badly smashed, but I marveled at how much mud was packed into that car.

There is now a greenway through the entire town which is very cool, but 238 people died that night.

At 8 million dollars, I’d hope the house was well built

I mentioned that in post #58. They are break away walls on the ground floor to let the water flow through as to protect the pilings from damage. What I and all the builders around this area question is what about the 2nd and 3rd tier houses behind the beachfront houses that have the beachfront break away walls slam into their houses as they go by in the storm surge.
I didn’t read all of it.. after I saw about “fake” and photoshopped I gave up. As far as the damage to other homes I guess it’s no different than a car or boat washing into them from the shoreline..

I actually care about the people who lived in mobile homes, older homes, and the like, who had EVERYTHING they had completely destroyed, rather than some dude who lost a couple of his expensive toys.

I actually care about the people who lived in mobile homes, older homes, and the like, who had EVERYTHING they had completely destroyed, rather than some dude who lost a couple of his expensive toys.

agree...... and the dude has lost nothing

Is it a member's red Superbird I saw in the news footage upside down, sitting on its wing? My condolences if it is. In fact my condolences even if it's not a member's car!

Is it a member's red Superbird I saw in the news footage upside down, sitting on its wing? My condolences if it is. In fact my condolences even if it's not a member's car!
The Daytona is red and upright, the Superbird is orange and upside down. Yes, sad.

Auto Transport Service
Back