• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little trim work...

patrick66

Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
In 1982, I got tired of the faded anodized red trim on my 500 deck lid trim. I took 000 and then 0000 wool and polished the remainder off. Forty years later, I wanted the red back on it. Paint would be a real pain in the ***, plus paint/primer probably won't last or stick well, long term.

I took my spare 500 panel to a decal/wrap shop, where she cut three red strips for me. I applied one on my spare piece for practice. Looked good, so it's out to the car.

It took me maybe 30 minutes start to finish, to do the job. I give myself a grade of 85/100. What'cha think?

IMG_20220803_194558564.jpg

Looks great...from 10 feet :poke::lol:

Ill be doing that with the Lund decals on my boat. F trying to paint them back on. lol

You beat me to it. My 67 Coronet 440 is in the body shop right now. Once I get it out of jail, I have plans to do that to the black on my trunk lid trim and turn it red.

1659661720812.png

My original thought was to turn faded and chipped black paint on my deck lid trim red, by taking it to a vinyl wrap shop, like the original poster. However, since my car is in the body shop and the trim panel was already off the car. I was inspired by the OP & I decided to go "Whole Hog." I cleaned it, polished it, taped it up, primed it and painted it. I even repainted the black paint inside the Dodge letters.

Tail 1.jpg

tail.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back